Job Title: Business Systems Officer
Organisation: A Global Healthcare Public Foundation (AGHPF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
A Global Healthcare Public Foundation (AGHPF) is the premier non-profit organization that works to strengthen laboratory quality management systems leading to improved quality testing and accreditation of laboratories to internationally recognized standards. AGHPF works internationally providing technical assistance to develop effective diagnostic, research and public health laboratory systems and expand access to quality diagnostic testing services. A GHPF is a nonprofit dedicated to improving lives of children; women, men and their communities by enabling them reach their full health potential by providing humanitarian assistance to desperately needy people and communities most affected by HIV/AIDS.
Job Summary: The Business Systems Officer will be responsible for developing, implementing and co-ordinating the organization’s risk management strategy, implement and maintain Business Continuity plans for the foundation. The incumbent will also implement, support and audit relevant quality assurance systems across the foundation by ensuring that all systems, processes and documentation meet the pre-qualification needs of public tenders as well as ensuring delivery of work within the budgets set and doing annual assessment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of the development, auditing, testing and implementation of Business Continuity Plans.
· Quality Assurance by ensuring systems are in place, developing relevant organizational and service specific quality policies, compliance with prevailing legislation and healthy and safety procedures.
· Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with any quality assurance system or service quality standards.
· Regularly monitor and raise issues of non-compliance.
· Ensure that staff are suitably trained, supported and monitored by senior and local management and that appropriate corrective action is taken when staff fail to comply with policy and procedure
· Capable of performing detailed financial analysis including advanced financial modeling, cash flow analysis and impact on the bottom line.
· The incumbent will introduce a culture of Risk Management supported by policies and guidance
· Participate in budget implementation and financials of the Company.
· Participate in evaluating bids and tenders.
· Provide support to the finance manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Business Systems Officer career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, Quality Management or Business Audit qualification or any other related field.
· A minimum of three years’ experience preferably in a busy NGO, donor funded projects.
· Previous experience in planning, administration, and knowledge of different programs and systems.
· Broad knowledge of project management.
· Good report writing skills.
· Ability to function independently and effectively in a self-directed environment
· Highly organized, detail oriented, strong work ethics and demonstrated team work skills.
· Be able to show evidence of writing, editing, and proofing effective business documents and reports
· Be able to show evidence of creating business relationships
· Must have previously worked within a leadership position
· Be highly organized.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Be able to work well within a team.
· Personal Competencies: Technical Capacity, Communication Proficiency, Leadership, Initiative, Learning Orientation, Flexibility
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications by to firstname.lastname@example.org including a cover letter, updated C.V and full details of three professional referees (including their contacts).
Please indicate the Job title as the subject of the e-mail. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within one week after the close of the application period.
Deadline: 2nd September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline