Job Title: Brand Manager
Organisation: Kiboko Enterprises Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Kiboko Enterprises is the fastest-growing distributor of fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) and consumer durables (CD) in Uganda. Trading in consumer goods and services is a key component and industry in Uganda‘s economy. As distributors of FMCG and CD, we aim to use our expertise and experience developed over the last 20 years in catering for market demand. Our business has grown at a rapid pace and continues to do so, with the growth of the country’s population and export potential to neighboring countries. With our well-honed logistics capability, hardworking staff and business principles, we are to sustain and accelerate our growth by responding to market and customer demand promptly and efficiently.
Job Summary: The Brand Manager will be responsible for consumer insights and delivering innovative marketing campaigns for Kiboko Enterprises Limited. The job holder will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and he/she will generate strategies that grow market share and brand’s reputation, improve customer experience and drive growth.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keenly analyze how our brand is positioned in the market and crystallize targeted consumers insights
· Responsible for Social Media Management and Events Capturing
· In charge of managing all our corporate Branding activities/ Designing of Branding Materials, Printing, Displaying etc.
· Lead creative development and create motivating stimulus to get targeted population to “take action”
· Coordinate with Managers for Annual Corporate gifts to customers.
· Take brand ownership and provide the vision, mission, goals and strategies to match up to
· Translate brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies
· Establish performance specifications, cost and price parameters, market applications and sales estimates
· Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
· Coach the team and get the best from everyone
· Regularly monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and key issues
· Oversee marketing and advertising activities to ensure consistency with product line strategy
· Regularly monitor product distribution and consumer reactions
· Anticipate bottlenecks and come up with appropriate solutions.
· Brainstorm new and innovative brand growth strategies
· Align the company around the brand’s direction, choices and tactics
· Maintaining and updating branding guidelines and ensuring brand standards are adhered to and integrated into media products
· Identify unique sponsorships that will grow brand awareness and trials.
· Track brand health performance and outline gaps, identified to grow brands.
· Develop annual brand plans aimed at achieving the company objective.
· Develop activity plans for new products on the portfolio.
· Act as a custodian for all brands, their images, communications etc.
Public Relations, Research and relationship building:
· Proactively pursue Public Relations activities.
· Serve as the face of Kiboko at events and conferences as required, particularly with corporate clients
· Conduct regular media monitoring, particularly of competitors and FMCG industry. Keep track of competitor activities and pre-empty own brand activities.
· Ensure consistent looks and feel of branches / outlets.
· Ensure timely internal brand communications to staff before any external communication.
· Work in close liaison with branches and media outlets regarding company’s media presence (eg. radio)
Digital channels maintenance and development:
· Inform website design.
· Execute website maintenance and continual improvement
· Responsible for social media and SMS strategy development and execution (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, & WhatsApp accounts)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Business Management or a related field
· At least three years’ experience in brand management or communications;
· Proven working experience as Brand Manager
· Previous experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
· Drive for results and leaderships skills
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the full marketing mix
· Highly creative with ability to think out of box
· Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
· Excellent analytical skills and data-driven thinking
· Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
· Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices
· Comfortable working with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets
· Computer and IT skills (including use of Microsoft office, the internet and able to maintain websites)
· Demonstrated ability to work with Uganda media, including local, national and regional media across print, radio and online, including relationships with editors and reporters
· Ability to draft press releases, statements, opinion pieces, newsletter articles and press materials
· Traditional and social media monitoring and communications skills.
· Excellent command of the English language
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs to:
The Group Human Resource Manager,
Kiboko Enterprises Limited,
Location: Plot Nos. 28B, 32B, 34B, UMA Show Grounds, Lugogo
Postal: PO Box 31376, Kampala, Uganda.
Via email to: email@example.com
Or hand deliver your updated CV to the above address (Indicate the job tittle on the envelope of your application)
Note: Please kindly mark your application as "Application _Brand Manager" in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: 5th September 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline