Job Title: Billing Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Umeme is a public company cross listed on both the Uganda Securities Exchange and the Nairobi Securities Exchange with over 6,483 shareholders, including high value international institutional investors. Umeme operates under a concession with a structural monopoly in the distribution of electricity across Uganda, distributing 99% of electricity in Uganda through a single buyer model.
Job Summary: The Billing Manager will oversee the end-to-end billing and invoicing processes and procedures associated with specific customer accounts, in a timely and accurate manner. The role is also responsible for key information management, revenue assurance, and adherence to controls and processes within this function. This diverse role also includes weekly and monthly finance reporting, contract management, and other tasks as needed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manages the day-to-day and monthly billing activities as well as actively participating in the long-term strategic direction of the department.
· Manage, be accountable for and deliver an accurate and timely billing solution
· Deliver high quality billing information on a timely and accurate basis
· In charge of revenue assurance / margin improvement
· Responsible for monthly Reporting, and taking the lead in improvement of this and other area’s within the Billing function
· The incumbent will account for and manage strong internal controls and processes for all billing activities
· Ensure that all regulatory and compliance matters are addressed.
· Work closely with the company’s billing software provider in order to ensure the company gets high quality service form them
· Manage and mentor team of several billing specialists
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Umeme Billing Manager career opportunity must hold a bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
· Good understanding of SQL is an advantage
· At least five years’ experience with corporate billing.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs clearly detailing your suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience to: email@example.com. Please kindly state the position you are applying for in the subject line of the application E-mail.
Deadline: 1st September 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline