Job Title: Base Admin /Logs
Organisation: Action Against Hunger (ACF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an International Humanitarian NGO which has been in existence for over thirty years. ACF has been implementing Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in the Lango, Acholi, West Nile and Karamoja regions of Northern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Base Admin/ Logs will handle all responsibilities related to Logistics, Finance and Human Resources in accordance with the ACF standards for the New ACF Yumbe office
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Base Logistics Management:
- Ensure strict compliance to ACF’s kit log and its implementation in base operations for proper audit filing and control
- Management of all logistics support, following ACF procedures and policies for the management of the supply chain, vehicle fleets, assets and stocks through the technical guidance of the Logistics Coordinator
- Liaise closely with the Logistics Unit in Kampala, and in general to support the Head of Region technical initiatives around internal logistics practices
- Liaise with the local government and other agencies on issues of common interest if deemed necessary by HoR
- Work in close collaboration with other members of ACF teams in other bases/regions; sharing information on policies and procedures with proposed implementation strategies, providing logistics overviews on costs, materials, goods, services and supplies
- Centralize the programme supply chain by setting up effective order management systems at base level for all local and national orders with support from capital office
- Through guidance and support from capital office and HoR, ensure local and national procurement practices are compliant with donor regulations practices
- Organise the procurement of items based on authorised IOFs as requested by the budget holder and ensure correct ACF procedures are followed in procurement chain cycle
- Update price catalogue with new purchase prices at least every three months
- Ensure quality of goods and services procured by taking a proactive role in discussing the technical specifications on the IOF, organising visits to suppliers with programs....
- Ensure management of vehicle fleet is in line with ACF standards (kit log), and ensure appropriate allocation and safe, economical use of vehicles throughout programmes and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Support the drivers and mechanics with the following duties:
- Manage the use of vehicles and communication equipment
- Supervise vehicle plans and allocation in order to optimally serve the needs of programmes
- Monitor fuel consumption of ACF vehicles
- Ensure ACF safety regulations are adhered to by both drivers and passengers at all times
- Ensure that all ACF vehicles are fully kitted out with first aid box, tool box, fire extinguisher, valid vehicle documents and insurance, vehicle folder, rescue kits, jack, spare tires etc
Storage: Through support to the storekeeper, ensure stock management and administration systems are implemented for all the FSL, NUT and WASH programmes
- Ensure a centralized base assets register is maintained, with all programme assets tagged with asset numbers and ID cards for ease of tracking
- Ensure an inventory list is placed in each room and updated every three month
- Ensure the equipment files and particularly the allocation and ID files are signed by all users
- Monitor security information and networks and ensure that security information is disseminated appropriately and effectively through the HOR
- Support security focal points to function effectively
- Participate actively in internal and external security meetings
Base Staff welfare:
- Make hotel reservations for any visiting guests and staffs of the base.
- Ensure the safety of the staffs in Yumbe office.
Human resources management:
- Commitment to and understanding of ACF Charter and Basic Principles
- Provide full support in;
- Organization of the logistics department (HR chart)
- Validation of paid leaves request
- Technical supervision and management of the logistics team: purchase officer, storekeeper, radio operator, drivers, watchmen, custodian…(when and where appropriate)
- Assist HR CO, FINCO and Logco to adjust the job descriptions of other logistic team members
- Assistance to HR CO, FINCO and Logco with performance management, training and development of the Admin team
- Perform reviews of the team and follow-up on objectives set to team members
- Be the backup of any logistic team member in the base.
- To provide a weekly/monthly planning for the team on the base
- Organise the weekly departmental meeting
Finance Accounting and Administration activities: Petty cash Management
- Responsible for petty cash management at the sub office by ensuring the respect of ACF financial procedures related to cash management;
- Compile the cash forecast of each department and send to Field Coordinator
- Control with the Head of Base to ensure the PRs are properly filled in with correct budget codes, and are properly recorded and followed up until payment.
- Ensure each transaction is justified by an appropriate invoice/receipt, and to ensure the quality of receipts (name, patent number, stamp, description, date, amount etc) included the procurement file;
- Responsible for making follow-ups on advances and transfers & keep all bills in the folder relative to the specific month
- Ensure the good quality of SAGA: budget lines, accounting codes, project codes, descriptions
- Prepare financial documents in their order and ensure payments are as per budget lines.
- Prepare the cash forecast for the sub base respecting deadlines.
- To make payments, advances and transfers, ONLY if the Procurement Request and Supplier have previously been duly approved by the Field Coordinator
- Submissions of financial requests to the Head of base on bi-weekly basis.
- Check with the Head of base on functionality of ACF mobiles and plan service accordingly
- Ensure the internet is functioning smoothly
- Ensure smooth communication with staff through mobile phone or any other available means.
- Ensure staffs have signed contracts and Job descriptions.
- Ensure confidentiality of personnel documents.
- Update monthly follow-up of annual leave & sick leave;
- Ensure implementation and respect of ACF staff regulations at the base level, make sure they are well understood
- Filling of all documents related to Human Resource
- Prepare monthly salary database and send to Field Coordinator
- Update monthly follow-up of annual leave & sick leave and share the report with Field Coordinator
- Supervise Cleaner/receptionist.
- Liaise with Field Coordinator/HR Officer for any support related to HR
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Logistics or Accounting or Business Administration.
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize a significant workload
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs
- Diligence, attention to detail and excellent numerical accuracy
- Practical experience with Microsoft Word and Excel programmes
- Ability to keep clear and concise records
- Abilities in financial management
- Experience in supervision of staff
- Ability to train and follow up teams.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Autonomous and able to take initiative.
- Able to set own deadlines and meet them.
- Fluent English;
- Professional computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, internet, and email.
- Possession of a valid riding permit
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include ONLY a cover letter, CV (not more than 4 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contract. For email applications please note that attached documents should not be larger than 2MBs. All documents should be zipped in one folder. Any email larger than 2MBS will not be considered. Please send your email application to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Base Admin/Logs_YUMBE” in the subject line.
Deadline: 8th August 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline