Job Title: Junior Programme Officer Finance Projects
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Programme Officer Finance Projects
HORIZONT3000 is an Austrian NGO working in the area of development cooperation. With the mandate of our member organisations of the catholic development sector we specialise in the monitoring and implementation of projects as well as in the provision of experts in developing countries.
Job Summary: The Junior Programme Officer provides technical support to ensure successful project implementation within timeline, procedures and within defined budget frames. The incumbent will support the HORIZONT3000 Regional Office East Africa in financially monitoring project interventions in the area of rural development, natural resource management and human rights / civil society and climatic change in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer support in planning and financial monitoring of the projects in cooperation with the Senior Programme Officer.
- Carry out monitoring field visits to strengthen the institutional capacity of project partners with special attention to financial management.
- Offer technical assistance to project partners in financial planning, forecasting, analysing financial data and support financial monitoring reports.
- Support inventory management and setting up of systematic filing systems in cooperation with the Senior Programme Officer.
- Support local project partners to operate in line with HORIZONT3000’s and donors’ requirements (i.e. reporting deadlines, procurement procedures and practices, etc.).
- Review all project activity reports incl. audits for completeness and correctness before submitting them to the Senior Programme Officer.
- In charge of the translation, proof-reading and editing of documents as required using Kiswahili and English
- Render support in the process of conducting project evaluations and financial audits.
- Assist in strategic planning, identifying new project opportunities, support project assessments, and designing new project proposals in the fields of rural development, natural resource management and human rights / civil society and climatic change.
- Support the Senior Programme Officer in all other requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should ideally possess a Degree in Financial Management.
- At least four years of hands-on experience in financial management in particular in elaborating periodical budgets, financial forecasts, analysing and compiling financial reports, auditing as well as procurement procedures
- Competent in compliance management.
- Practical field experiences in conducting financial monitoring visits.
- Operational experience in development co-operation, preferably in an NGO with competences in financial management (mandatory) and in at least one filed of rural development, natural resource management and human rights / civil society and climatic change.
- Computer literacy i.e. practical knowledge of MS-Office, Quick Books or Account Pro or similar.
- Well organised, result oriented and a strong team player.
- Strong communicational and organisational skills.
- Professional behaviour a high degree of self-initiative and self-motivated.
- Resilient to withstand long distance & frequent travels in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
- Competences in the following fields will count as an additional value:
- Skilled and competent in providing capacity building in financial management and bookkeeping to project partners.
- Previous experience with audits, base line studies and end line studies as well as M&E.
- Practical experiences in project proposal writing and implementation of EU-funded projects.
- Excellent English writing skills and very good command of Kiswahili with work experience in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their typed cover letters, curriculum vitae and copies of relevant academic certificates and references via email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 31st August, 2016