Job Title: Audit Seniors
Organization: RSM Eastern Africa
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Audit Manager and / or Audit Partner
RSM Eastern Africa provides assurance, tax and advisory services to clients in the sectors of financial services, manufacturing and trading, agriculture, public (Central and Local Government and NGOs), hospitality among others. RSM Eastern Africa & RSM (Eastern Africa) Consulting Ltd are members of the RSM network and trade as RSM. RSM is the 6th largest global network of accounting firms that serve clients in over 100 countries supported by more than 32,000 professionals. We are looking to recruit highly motivated audit seniors who are keen to grow and develop with us as we continue to build our firm.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead engagement teams to ensure work performed meets quality assurance standards and that relevant risks have been identified and addressed appropriately.
· The jobholder will apply knowledge of IFRS to engagements and resolve routine accounting and financial reporting issues with client personnel.
· Carry out risk and business cycle analysis of client's business to develop appropriate audit plans to address identified risks and to ensure accurate reporting.
· Proactively manage client issues and expectations by providing advice and assistance to clients on matters relating to accounting, internal control, regulatory and financial reporting.
· Train (on-the job) and mentor audit assistants by counseling and assisting them in the management of all aspects of work.
· Bring to the attention of audit manager/audit partner significant matters arising on the assignment.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a University degree in areas of finance;
· The applicant must be a Qualified CPA(U), CPA (K), ACCA or equivalent professional qualification;
· At least a year of experience in a similar position and at least three years of combined audit experience;
· Previous experience conducting audits of financial services including banks, insurance companies, pensions, micro-finance entities will be advantageous (but not a must);
· Hands on experience working with Caseware audit software or other electronic audit software is essential;
· Effective time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines;
· Excellent inter-personal, report writing and communication skills;
· Good knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and International Standards on Auditing.
· Must be Ugandan citizen;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application and a detailed CV enclosing O, A & University certificates, indicating a daytime contact telephone number to this E-mail address: email@example.com.
Deadline: 26th August, 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline