Job Title: ASSIST North Director
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Party
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID ASSIST Project:
The USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement (October 2012-September 2017) awarded to University Research Co., LLC and is dedicated to improving health, population and nutrition services through technical support to service delivery institutions, country Ministries of Health, USAID country missions, and cooperating agencies.
Job Summary: The ASSIST North Director will oversee and provide strategic guidance to all technical and administration work of the USAID ASSIST Northern Uganda project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer technical and administrative direction to the ASSIST North work in 15 districts of Northern Uganda.
· The incumbent will ensure implementation of activities leading to institutionalisation of quality of care into the district health mechanism.
· Ensure that project targets are achieved within stipulated timeframe.
· Synthesize, document and disseminate the process of institutionalising quality of care into existing health structures.
· Prepare and submit quality reports to ASSIST Main Office in Kampala.
· Provide financial management and accountability of all project tasks in compliance with USAID regulations and URC policies.
· Ensure timely completion of all project deliverables for USAID, relevant Government Ministries and ASSIST.
· Provide leadership to the large team of full time staff and consultants to support health system in Northern Uganda.
· Ensuring efficient use of the resources for improving health of the people of 15 northern districts.
· Perform any other responsibilities assigned by the Chief of Party.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID ASSIST North Director job vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a health- related field e.g. medicine, human nutrition, or nursing, and a Master’s Degree in a Health related field preferably Public Health.
· A minimum of ten years’ work experience within a government institution/NGO with proven ability to lead, coordinate and manage large and complex projects.
· At least three to five years’ experience of leading USAID funded project is required.
· At least three to five years’ experience in managing large teams of staff and consultants.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of Quality Improvement methodologies.
· Previous exposure and experience in supporting service delivery by the public and PNPF health facilities.
· Previous work experience in northern Uganda is preferred
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send application letters, updated CVs, and relevant academic documents as well as names and contact information for three professional references and day time contact numbers to:
The Human Resource Officer- USAID ASSIST Project,
University Research Co., LLC, Plot 40, Ntinda II Road, Naguru,
P.O. Box 28745, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 9th September 2016 by 4:00 PM
NB: Please indicate the position in the subject if you are sending electronically. Applications will be shortlisted as they come in and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline