Organization: Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Ref: CAA/ADV/EXT/05/2016
Reports to: Principal Airworthiness Inspector -AF/PP
Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is a corporate body responsible for the regulation of Civil Aviation in Uganda. It manages Entebbe International Airport and 13 other aerodromes upcountry. CAA carries out its work in conformity with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPS). The Authority now plans to recruit suitably qualified Ugandans of impeccable integrity and commitment to fill the following positions in its establishment.
Job Summary: The Airworthiness Inspector – Air Frames and Power Plants will ensure that all aircraft on the CAA register meet Airframe and Power Plants requirements for Airworthiness
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Surveys aircraft for renewal of certificate of airworthiness,
- Issues and renews approvals for aircraft maintenance, overhaul and repair organizations.
- The jobholder also participates in the development of the Uganda CAA Examination Avionics Examination bank.
- Actively participates in the evaluation activities for the renewal of Air Operators Certificates.
- Develops and keeps record of airworthiness directives for small and large aircraft.
- Supervises subordinates, leads and develops subordinate staff.
- Carries our examinations for granting extension and validation of licenses for aircraft maintenance engineers and pilot ratings.
- Performs any other lawful duties as allocated by the immediate Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Airworthiness Inspector – Air Frames and Power Plants job opportunity should hold an honours Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Aeronautical Engineering OR an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s License in “A” and "C, Airframe and power plants.
- At least four years' experience in Aircraft and Power Engines Maintenance or Inspections in a reputable Civil Aviation or Airline.
- Broad process aeronautical knowledge in areas that apply to aeroplane and helicopter aircraft categories.
- Acquired skill as a pilot or aircraft maintenance engineer or air traffic controller or aviation qualification other than the above.
- Age: Between 28 to 40 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who desire to join the aviation industry should send their hand-written applications with detailed CV and copies of academic certificates plus transcripts with the Job reference number clearly marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope should be sent to the address below. Please indicate your (day time) phone contact.
The Director, Human Resource and Administration,
Civil Aviation Authority (Head Office),
P.O. BOX 5536, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 26th August 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline