Job Title: Airtel Money Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Airtel was launched in Uganda in 1995 and is Uganda's most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunication sector such as: Pre-paid plans, Post-paid plans, International roaming, Dedicated customer care, One rate to all networks, Fax and Data, Call forwarding, Per second billing, Freedom Forever and Mobile Top up. Airtel in Uganda is a great success story in Uganda. Our customer base has grown tremendously - so has our coverage - and our service quality is unsurpassed in the market.
Job Summary: The Airtel Money Director will be in charge of leading and managing the overall Airtel Money business, performance of the Airtel Money entity through analyzing and defining customers and market requirements, as well as trends to ensure that the business achieves its set goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will develop and lead initiatives to grow the Airtel Money business.
- Define and implement strategies/plans to grow and improve usage of the product.
- The jobholder will utilize market research and effective competitor analysis to develop and implement sales plan/strategies that will give Airtel an edge.
- The incumbent will constantly monitor all indices to ensure performance against set targets while ensuring remedial action for all initiatives.
- Manage the IT for product performance information and tariff setting.
- Accurately forecast annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams and set performance goals accordingly.
- Ensure that functions objectives are delivered through a highly motivated and engaged team.
- Develop bench strength of future leaders through coaching, mentoring and guidance for the team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Airtel Money Director should hold a Master’s degree.
- Professional qualification of CIM or any related course.
- At least ten to fifteen years’ experience with five years’ experience in management role leading teams.
- Strong management skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities and demanding customers, in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment
- High degree of professionalism and maturity.
- Proven ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice, as well as input across the company and on the senior executive team.
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
- Creative, forward thinker.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Customer focus/orientation
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Candidates are invited to send their updated CVs, academic qualifications with a day phone contact, address and an email address to – The Resourcing Team via Email to: vacancies@ug.Airtel.com
Deadline: 12th August, 2016
- Attach copies of all academic documents.
- Soliciting of influence of any nature will lead to an automatic disqualification.
- We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not hear from us 2 weeks from the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline