Job Title: Adolescent Health Officer
Organisation: Community Health Alliance Uganda (CHAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Community Health Alliance Uganda (CHAU), formerly the International HIV/AIDS Alliance Uganda, is a national Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) which was registered in 2010. It works in partnership with other Community based Organizations (CBOs)/ local NGOs to support community action on integrated Sexual reproductive health and HIV/AIDS in Uganda. CHAU is an affiliate and accredited to International HIV/AIDS Alliance as its Linking Organization. This partnership facilitates CHAU to engage and collaborate with IHAA’s global network which includes over 40 independent organizations spread across the world. CHAU through its global strategic partnerships, is able learn from and adapt international best practices and experiences to the local context in the areas of organizational development, capacity building, community systems strengthening, Advocacy and quality service delivery.
Job Summary: The Adolescent Health Officer will provide overall coordination leadership in implementation of READY project activities ensuring project goals and objectives are met.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of coordinating between all the various departments which are working on the project
- Act as the liaison officer between all employees regarding the project, keep the lines of communication open and coordinate project activities across all departments
- Coordinate the process of mapping and identification of implementing partners for the project
- Coordinate the process of identifying, mapping out and engaging Adolescents in national level policy advocacy dialogues and ensure creation of new net works for Adolescents
- Work closely with relevant officials to ensure Development of IEC materials (posters, banners, T-shirts, Newspaper supplements) for supporting the project.
- Working in close partnership with implementing partners, and district coordinators to map and identify Health facilities that can offer friendly Adolescent Health services
- Coordinate and oversee capacity building activities for health workers at identified health facilities including ensuring provision of friendly services to adolescents
- Working closely with the district leadership, district coordinators and health facility in charges to ensure availability of SRH/HIV commodities at health facilities
- Working with all stakeholders to develop a functional referral system
- Ensures that budget tracking for the project across all departments is line with project timelines and spent in line with donor and project expectations
- Preparing project monthly briefs to the management on the developments and progress within the project
- Working with the capacity building specialist to develop and support capacity building of the implementing partner under the project
- Working with the MEAL manager to ensure adequate monitoring of project activities in all aspects
- Reports to the Director of Programs
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Adolescent Health Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelors degree in Development Studies, Public Health, Medicine, Nursing, Social Sciences or any relevant degree
- A relevant post graduate qualification will be an added advantage
- Additional training in the following specialized areas is desirable;
- A minimum of three years or more of relevant experience from a reputable organization
- Policy Research, Policy Advocacy and Analysis
- Project planning and management skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of adolescent SRHR and HIV/AIDS Policy framework in Uganda
- Familiar with the implementation of HIV/AIDS and reproductive health Programs in Uganda.
- Knowledge of current and existing policies and laws related to Sexual Reproductive health and Rights and HIV AIDS in Uganda.
- Knowledge of key population programming in Uganda and in the region
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates for the above post should submit applications with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, name and address of three referees and a day time contact telephone number to the International HIV/AIDS Alliance offices addressed to: The Executive Director, Community Health Alliance, Plot 19, Kawalya Kaggwa Close, Kololo P. O. Box 40333, Kampala, Uganda.
NB: Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 26th August 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline