Job Title: Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
Organisation: Send a Cow (SAC) UK
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator, Kamuli Field Office
Send a Cow (SAC) was founded in the UK in 1988 to help transform lives, by helping African families and orphans to grow enough food to eat, sell their produce and develop small businesses that last. They have provided livestock, seeds, training and ongoing support, to help over a million lives and their families that live in abject poverty. The Send a Cow Group currently constitutes Country Programmes in seven African countries plus the UK and USA, together with a Group Executive which is based in the UK.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist will offer technical support to the administrative function at the Field Office by providing secretarial and related administrative support to the Field Office. The incumbent will provide courteous front-line services for the Field Office and Send a Cow Uganda and ensure effective operation of the switchboard so as to enhance the good image of the Field Office and Send a Cow Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will set up and maintain a filling system for all departments at the Field Office.
- In charge of tracking communication within the Field Office.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in organizing Field Office meetings and take minutes thereof.
- Support managers and staff to make official telephone calls and where applicable respond to communication.
- Draw up lists and budgets of office supplies requirements and submit them to administration.
- Making follow-ups of the manager’s programmes and activities.
- Typing of reports and other official documents for the managers.
- The incumbent will receive incoming and outgoing telephone calls as and when required.
- Keenly review monthly telephone bill and apportion the telephone bill according to users.
- Receive and attend to visitors whilst they await appointments.
- The incumbent will receive documents, which may be delivered to the office, ensuring that these are distributed to the respective addressee.
- Manage the maintenance of the switchboard system, notifying the service providers immediately of any problems with the telephone lines or with the operating system.
- Ensure that the reception area and the entire office is kept neat and tidy so as to maintain the good image of the organisation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Administrative Assistant/Receptionist job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in secretarial studies or any related field or an equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a related field
- Working knowledge of office switch board systems is desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Be a good team player.
- High degree of flexibility
- Applicants should also have empathy with Send a Cow’s Christian foundation and core values
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to submit the following documents as they apply:
- Complete SAC Application Form, download here
- Submit ‘three key achievements’ according to instructions, download here
Send the completed documents to: email@example.com
Deadline: 19th August, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline