Job Title: Accountant
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Accountant
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Accountant will provide financial and accounting services in NIRA in accordance with financial regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Accountant writes cash books and ensures daily entries are posted
- Prepares payment vouchers ensuring that all supporting documents are attached therewith
- Conducts daily financial adjustments from vouchers and ledgers
- Prepares lists of outstanding debtors and creditors and forwards the same to the Accountant
- Offers support in stock taking exercises
- Provides relevant information and guidance to customers so that financial guidelines and requirements are correctly followed
- Processes payments for goods and services effected in accordance with payment and other relevant guidelines
- Works closely with HR department to prepare on a timely basis the Authority’s pay roll in accordance with relevant guidelines
- Carries out daily financial adjustments from vouchers.
- Ensures staff payments are prepared and effected in a timely manner
- Prepare requisitions for stationery to be used in accounts section
- Supervises Accounts Assistants performance to deliver efficient support to the Finance and Accounts function
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Accountant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Accountant job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Commerce, Accounting or Business administration from a recognized University
- Membership of the ICPAU is an added advantage.
- Possession of a certificate in CPA, CPK, ACCA or any accounting profession is an added advantage.
- Broad knowledge of Finance or Accounting packages.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in a busy accounts office in a reputable private institution or Public authority.
- Excellent Computer literacy skills including experience in use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- High level of integrity
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline