Job Title: Field Agents (70 O’ Level Fresher Jobs)
Organization: Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO)
Duty Station: Mbale, Manafwa, Sironko, Kapchorwa , Kween, Bukwa, Bududa, Bulambuli, Busia, Tororo, Butalega ,Kibuku, Pallisa, Budaka , Amuria, Katakwi , Kaberamaido , Soroti, Ngora, Kumi, Bukedea, Serere, Uganda
Reports to: Field Supervisor
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO) is a national non-government organization which was founded in 1986 by Ugandan mothers committed to providing relief aid to needy children left parentless by the civil turbulence of the mid-1980’s and the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
About PROFIRA Project:
UWESO in partnership with Care International in Uganda and Government of Uganda plan to reach out to 62,500 vulnerable households in 22 districts in Eastern Region (i.e. Teso and Bugisu Sub Regions) through Livelihoods pathway over a three year period (2016-2019). Creation of Community Savings and Credit Groups (CSCGs), Business Skills Training and Financial Literacy Education are key interventions of Project for Financial Inclusion in Rural Areas (PROFIRA) with funding from IFAD/GOU.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of the mobilization and sensitization of extremely vulnerable community members to establish Community Savings and Credit Groups.
- Tasked with the mobilization and raising awareness with local leadership
- Mentor and train village groups in the implementation of Community Savings and Credit Groups CSCG methodology
- Gathering CSCG data & monitoring Associations
- In charge of the preparation of periodic and operational plans
- Preparation and submission of progress reports
- Support all group leaders under your supervision.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the PROFIRA Project Field Agent jobs must at least hold an O-Level Certificate (6 Credits) or its equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ relevant experience in community development, Mobilization, Training or Facilitation
- Ability and willingness to ride a bicycle
- Knowledge of the local socio-economic environment
- Must be a person with a good moral character in the local area.
- Willingness to reside within the area of jurisdiction /preferably if a resident already
- Knowledge of VSLA Methodology is an added advantage
- Knowledge of local language(s) i.e. (Ateso, Kumam, Lugishu, Luganda, Lugwere, Samia, Japadhola and Kiswahili).
- Age: Above 21 years
- Please indicate your preferred Duty Station both Sub county and District respectively. Applicants must also attach a letter of recommendation from Chairpersons of L.C.1 and L.C. 3.
- Those with recommendation letter(s) from previous employer have an added advantage
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their hardcopy applications with relevant academic documents, salary history and a daytime telephone contact addressed to UWESO Mbale Offices opposite Oasis of Life and/ or UWESO Soroti Office Opposite Jehovah’s Witness Kingdom Hall in Senior Quarters in Soroti Municipality respectively.
Deadline: 15th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline