Job Title: Machine Operator (7 Entry Level Jobs)
Organisation: Abacus Parenteral Drugs Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Assistant Production Manager
Abacus Parenteral Drugs Limited is one of the largest sterile injectable pharmaceutical companies in East Africa, with a market presence in Tanzania, Kenya, South Sudan, DR Congo, Burundi and Rwanda. We primarily manufacture and market products across multiple markets, and therapeutic segments. A significant majority of these products are generic drugs that are capable of being directly injected into the human body and are used predominantly in the treatment of critical illnesses. Our product range also includes various therapeutic segments, including ophthalmology, optic and nasal. We offer eye, ear and nasal drops in plastic bottles of 10ml. We also offer our intravenous infusion range with Nipple Head, produced by BFS Technology.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the smooth functioning of plant equipments and machines.
- Carry out parts change for machines whenever necessary.
- The incumbent will report machine breakdown and participate in break down and routine preventive maintenance of all machines and equipments along with the Engineering department.
- Replace the change parts as and when required in all the manufacturing lines.
- Conduct routine maintenance works in plant machineries together with the Engineering department.
- Support the Engineering department in installing and commissioning the new machines, equipments and parts.
- To immediately attend to machine breakdowns in absence of Engineering department staff engineers and intimating the same to Engineering department, Production Chemist and the Assistant Production Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Machine Operator must hold a Certificate, diploma or degree in engineering or related field
- Fresh or with 1-2 years of experience preferably in pharmaceutical or health care industry.
- Computer literacy skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- High integrity and attention to detail
- Good team player
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Kiboko Group of Companies,
Location: Plot Nos. 28B, 32B, 34B, UMA Show Grounds, Lugogo
Postal: P.O. Box 31376, Kampala, Uganda
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to: email@example.com (Kindly indicate the position you’re applying for in the subject line of your email)
Deadline: 6th August, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline