Job Title: Sr. Officer/ Audit Officer (4 Career Jobs)
Organisation: BRAC International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Internal Audit
BRAC International is one of the world’s largest Non-Governmental Development Organizations, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Sr. Officer/ Audit Officer will conduct Internal Audit in Field Offices and Country Office according to monthly Internal Audit Plan.
- Discuss with Manager about major audit risks or audit findings identified during the course of audit.
- Ensure the quality of audit is in conformity with internal audit manual in all phases of the audit process.
- Prepare, preserve, and ensure various supporting documentations for audit work such as working papers, audit programme, supporting evidence, permanent file, current file, circulars, minutes and office memo.
- Support the Audit manager in the formulation of audit techniques, audit guidelines, audit programme, checklist for the performance of audit work.
- Perform investigations in connection with the investigation team as requested by the country management and decisions of the senior management
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a BBA/B.COM in Accounting or its equivalent.
- Professional Certificates in CPA, ACCA, and CIMA will be of added advantage.
- A minimum of two to three years’ experience in relevant field of operation.
- Computer literacy i.e. working knowledge in accounting software such as, ERP and Ms Word, Excel is a must.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
- Ability to interpret documents, understand procedures and written reports.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae not scanned (including bio-data such as: Date of birth, Education qualification, language proficiency, work experience and at least two professional referees in Ms. Office Word Document) and all Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents. They should all be merged into one PDF file. In total, there must only be two attachments sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 19th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline