Organization: Mukwano Group of Companies
Job Ref: AKPL/MPCP/PMM/01/08/2016
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Mechanical Supervisor
The Mukwano Group of Companies is the leading manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in the Great Lakes region, producing a wide range of market leader brands in soaps, edible cooking oils and fats, detergents, beverages, personal care products and plastics. The jobs are in A.K Plastics Limited and Mukwano Personal Care Products Limited.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Plant Maintenance Mechanic will support in the installation of new machines in the plant.
- Diagnose and attend to all mechanical faults and breakdowns
- Carry out preventive, autonomous, breakdown maintenance
- Report and assist in the analysis of incidents or potential hazards.
- Keenly monitor and record the use of work place consumables and make requisitions where required.
- Carry out daily checks to confirm that machines meet safety standards
- Use and maintain workshop tools in accordance to working conditions and specifications.
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage schedules and procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Prepare and submit daily maintenance reports for submission to the Mechanical Supervisor and Production Officer
- Provide operational support to the Machine Operators
- Actively participate in daily housekeeping practices
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Plant Maintenance Mechanic jobs must hold a Higher or Ordinary Diploma or vocational training certificate in Mechanical Engineering from recognized institutions.
- Two or more years of experience in mechanical repairs and maintenance in a manufacturing set up.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, mathematical and troubleshooting skills
- Should have a positive attitude, effective communication, professional presentation, high level of integrity and confidentiality, ability to work extra hours, self-driven, flexible, results focused, creative, innovative, work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- S/he should have excellent good customer care skills, should be flexible to work at on call and be physically and mentally fit, fast and resilient to operational procedures.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with copies of academic credentials, testimonials, L.C1 letter, National ID and a detailed curriculum vitae indicating contact addresses of three (3) referees to;
The Human Resource Department,
Mukwano Group of Companies
P.O. Box 2671, Kampala, UGANDA
Or via E- mail to email@example.com and quoting the job reference as subject to the mail. The attachment should not exceed 2MB. Kindly merge all your documents and send them in one attachment.
Deadline: 13th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline