Job Title: Quality Assurance Officers (3 Job Vacancies)
Organization: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Uganda Coffee Development Authority was established as a public Authority, and its mandate is to promote and oversee the coffee industry by supporting research, promoting production, controlling coffee quality, and improving the marketing of coffee in order to optimize foreign exchange earnings for the country and payments to the farmers.
Job Summary: The Quality Assurance Officer will carry out inspection, loading, and certification of export lots to ensure that the quality of coffee along the value chain conforms to set standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct pre-shipment inspection of all coffee exports in line with the Coffee Regulations,
- Supervise export loading and ensure that all containers are sealed,
- Carry out routine analytical procedures, physical and sensory analysis on coffee samples,
- Keep an updated register of findings on all coffee samples analyzed,
- Establish quality trends by analyzing fairly average quality coffee, Ochratoxin A levels in coffee,
- Undertake all basic quality control training programmes for processors, farmers, Quality Controllers, and Technicians,
- Implement coffee profiling and characterization activities,
- Compile information on compliance to standards at different levels of the value chain,
- Compile quality data required for issuing certificates, cess calculation, writing reports and publications,
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates must possess Bachelor of Science in Chemistry/ Biochemistry or Food Science and Technology/ Biological Sciences; certification in Basic Quality Control (BQC) or, Barista or Q and R Grading will be an added advantage
- A minimum of three years’ relevant working experience in a similar field.
- Working knowledge of various laws, regulations, guidelines, procedures affecting the coffee industry,
- Ability to use statistical data analysis packages and basic computer knowledge ,
- Excellent report writing, communication and good customer care skills,
- Possess a positive attitude, self-driven, flexible, results focused,
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified applicants should send an application letter, detailed curriculum vitae with at least three (3) traceable referees and certified copies of academic certificates addressed to:
The Board Secretary / Director Corporate Services,
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Coffee House, Plot 35, Jinja Road
P.O. Box 7267, Kampala-Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Interested applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 22nd August 2016 (by 17.00 hrs. Local Time)
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline