Organisation: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Duty Station: Kampala/ Wakiso, Gulu, Kamuli and Luwero, Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader
Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the District of Rakai, South Western Uganda. It is based at the Uganda Virus Research Institute - Entebbe and Kalisizo in Rakai District. The Program has been contracted to provide qualitative data collection and transcription/translation services to support evaluation research on projects implemented in Gulu, Kamuli, Luweero, Wakiso/ Kampala districts. The qualitative evaluation research on these projects will be built around a series of longitudinal interviews and associated activities with project beneficiary (children and their caregivers) in households.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect qualitative research data
- Actively participate in qualitative research trainings and retraining
- Complete summary debriefing forms
- The incumbent will translate and timely transcribe interviews
- Compile data in required formats
- Handle data using appropriate and ethically sound research techniques and according to the developed research protocols and standard operating procedures
- Administer study informed consent to study participants
- Prepare and submit progress reports
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- All candidates must be Ugandans in possession of an Honors Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration or any other humanities from a reputable institution.
- Possession of Certificates in Good Clinical Practice and Human Subjects Protection is an added advantage.
- At least two years’ of relevant working experience which should have been gained in conducting individual interviews using qualitative research methods such as pile sorting techniques, in-depth interviews, translation and transcription from a reputable research organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results with minimum supervision.
- Skills in interviewing children.
- Computer literacy skills
- Basic knowledge of qualitative research data analysis.
- English and local language spoken in the respective district (Luo, Acholi, Lusoga and Luganda)- Kampala/ Wakiso, Gulu, Kamuli and Luwero
- Age: 23-40 years
NB: Applicants should not apply for more than one district and should indicate the district they are applying on the envelope or in subject of E-mail.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their application letter, valid academic documents and detailed resume (CV) with three recognizable referees to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Rakai Health Sciences Program,
P.O. Box 279, Kalisizo, Rakai, Uganda
Send by E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 5th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline