Job Title: Supply Chain Advisor (2 Job Placements)
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: Technical Advisor
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID ASSIST Project:
The USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement (October 2012-September 2017) awarded to University Research Co., LLC and is dedicated to improving health, population and nutrition services through technical support to service delivery institutions, country Ministries of Health, USAID country missions, and cooperating agencies.
Job Summary: The Supply Chain Advisor will offer support in strengthening pharmaceutical and laboratory logistics services leading to improvement in logistics and inventory management of health commodities in the supported districts and health facilities. This includes supporting systems for ordering and reporting, stock management, and quantification.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will verify all drug and supplies requests for all supported laboratories and facilities and prepare allocations to ensure accurate quantification, timely order submission, and effective stock management for supplies and commodities in supported facilities and laboratories.
- Support districts to put in place systems for redistribution of commodities
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports on reporting rates by- supported sites and laboratories.
- Use quality improvement methods to identify and spread improved processes for logistics information management of the MOH supply chain
- Build logistics capacity for staff involved in laboratories and the health programs
- Work closely with District based staff to provide support supervision to districts to ensure systems strengthening, monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop and maintain databases for all relevant sites, commodities, lead times, reporting histories and supervision visits at all levels.
- Enforce strict adherence of health facilities to national supply system reporting
- Support district/facilities to source for any other items that may not come through NMS on case by case basis
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the USAID ASSIST Supply Chain Advisor jobs must hold a Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, or related field.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in managing HIV programs in Uganda, with preferred experience in logistics management
- Prior exposure and experience working with public healthcare facilities, including provision of mentoring and coaching support to healthcare providers.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send application letters, updated CVs, and relevant academic documents as well as names and contact information for three professional references and day time contact numbers to:
The Human Resource Officer- USAID ASSIST Project,
University Research Co., LLC, Plot 40, Ntinda II Road, Naguru,
P.O. Box 28745, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 19th August 2016
NB: Please indicate the position in the subject if you are sending electronically. Applications will be shortlisted as they come in and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline