Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender-based violence, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth.
Job Summary: The Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will ensure that quality data is obtained from the program facilities, VHTs as well as program staff when performing activities aimed at increased quality and coverage of child and maternal healthcare in the districts. S/he is to supervise the data collection, data cleaning and input, ensuring a robust data base with analysis and data interpretation on which to base program decisions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the program team to develop a detailed M&E plan for the program based on the project log frame to track progress against agreed indicators.
- Track the M&E plan and frequently provide the district and program team with trend analysis of tracked indicators while identifying outliers.
- Conduct field visits to the health facilities to mentor and coach facility staff on data collection, reporting and data cleaning to inform program and HMIS reports.
- Support the district/health facilities and program staff to frequently use data for program improvement.
- Support the health facilities to engage in continuous quality improvement processes.
- Participate in quality of care monitoring together with the DHT and IRC project staff while ensuring availability of data at the facilities for assessing program quality.
- Provide accurate information that informs the program review meetings.
- Ensure the availability of data collection tools at the health facilities and for community programming.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date database for the health program.
- Maintain a good record keeping system and undertake continuous monitoring and regular evaluation of the project activities.
- Work closely with the district M&E team while ensuring that accurate and timely data on the program is fed into the district HMIS and program reports.
- Attend relevant meetings to represent IRC’s program activities in the district.
- Provide regular feedback to the program Manager on project implementation.
- Provide the program Manager, program staff and districts with monthly reports on indicator trends.
- Offer support in the preparation of donor reports.
- Facilitate the health facility/VHT reporting requirements for program reporting and to feed into the HMIS and program reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the IRC Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Job Vacancies must hold Bachelor’s degrees in statistics, demography, M&E or related field. A master degree or a bachelors plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or economics preferred.
- At least four years’ experience in Primary Health Care settings with proven success in designing, implementing and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to close out stages.
- Previous experience in data quality assessments and oversight
- Prior experience working with District Health teams and building the district capacity in data collection, reporting and analysis.
- Experience in data analysis, trend analysis and interpretations.
- Experience in continuous quality improvement processes.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies.
- Experience in the use of the MOH data collection tools.
- Previous experience working with district health teams, health facility staff and community based groups such as VHTs
- Previous work with an NGO in similar programs.
- Good experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs.
- Good report writing skills.
- Ability to enhance good interpersonal relationship.
- Good communication skills.
- Good knowledge and application of Microsoft word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English.
NB: Female are strongly encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available, position open to Ugandan Nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the International Rescue Committee (IRC) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to visit the link below to Apply.
Deadline: 9th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline