Job Title: Program Officer
Organisation: Protecting Families Against HIV/AIDS (PREFA)
Duty Station: Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager
Protecting Families Against HIV/AIDS (PREFA) is an indigenous Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was formed to contribute to Uganda’s efforts in enhancing access to quality HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment, and support services to families with a historical focus on Elimination of Mother-to-Child Transmission (eMTCT) of HIV. PREFA has secured funding for interventions against Commercial Sex Exploitation of Children (CSEC), targeting the areas of Kampala and Wakiso.
Job Summary: The Program Officer will offer technical support and guidance in the planning, implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation of Sexual & Reproductive Health, eMTCT & other activities relating to HIV/TB in the targeted districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure health facilities are equipped to provide quality, comprehensive and effective SRH services.
- In charge of increasing access to quality SRH services.
- In charge of increasing demand for high quality, comprehensive eMTCT/SRH services
- In charge of increasing community participation in the eMTCT/SRH related activities at Community and Health Facility level.
- Prepare timely work plans submitted to PREFA & shared with the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide M&E Function: Accurate & timely reporting, Data Quality Assessment, performance monitoring.
- Effective coordination mechanism with various stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Program Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine & Surgery, Nursing. Possession of a Master’s Degree in any of the following: Medicine, Public Health, Health Systems Research, Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Health services Management.
- Additional training in M&E and Project Management
- A minimum of three years’ experience working with government structures, specifically district health systems.
- Previous exposure and experience in Health Systems strengthening at district level in the area of HIV.
NB: This is a re-advertisement. Those who applied earlier need not re-apply.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send a current detailed CV, application letter, copies of testimonials and certificates; and three professional references with telephone and email contacts to:
The Executive Director,
Protecting Families Against HIV/AIDS (PREFA),
Plot 71, Lithuli Avanue Bugolobi,
P.O Box 25769, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 24th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline