Job Title: Project Field Officers: National Institutional Development (ID) Experts (2 Employment Placements)
Organisation: BTC Uganda
Duty Station: Arua and Kaliro, Uganda
BTC Uganda is implementing the ‘Improve Teachers Secondary Education in the National Teachers’ Colleges Project in Muni and Kaliro in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES).
Job Summary: The National Institutional Development (ID) Experts will be assigned to work full-time in the National Teachers’ Colleges and focus predominantly on institutional capacity building in the NTC, supporting management and staff of the college in the delivery of project objectives. The national ID expert will have specific responsibility for the achievement of result of the project, which relates to strengthening the organisational and financial management capacity of the college.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The National Institutional Development Expert will coordinate and supervise the implementation of project activities at the level of the NTC in accordance with the approved project work plans;
- Provide technical expertise in institutional development in areas related to strategic planning, financial management, human resource management, academic management and asset management;
- Work in close cooperation with the college management, develop capacity building strategies for all level of NTC staff aligned to the NTCs strategic plans and the project objective;
- Support and provide on-the-job training and coaching to the college management, with a view to improving the institutional effectiveness of the NTC in the achievement of its objectives and results;
- Support the dissemination by the college of successes and good practices to other colleges and invite where possible other colleagues from other schools.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a university degree - relevant to the objectives of the project (education management, public administration, business administration, human resource management);
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in school management and/or institutional development preferably in the education sector;
- Proven expertise in modern public sector management approaches and public sector reform in Uganda;
- Knowledge of and experience with previous interventions supported by BTC is an advantage;
- Good command of IT (text processing, spread sheets, database & internet communication software);
- Good communication and facilitation skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their application letters and copies of updated CVs with the names and contact information of 3 work related referees should be sent to BTC - Lower Kololo terrace Plot 1B - Kampala (mention “Field Officer ID” on the application envelope!)
Deadline: Friday, 19th August 2016 at 17hrs
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline