Job Title: Sponsorship Officers (2 Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: ActionAid Uganda (AAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Sponsorship Coordinator
ActionAid is an International Development Agency working in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. ActionAid’s mission is to work with the poor and the ActionAid Uganda (AAU), a national development organization registered under the laws of Uganda and with a local Board.
Job Summary: The Sponsorship Officer will implement national sponsorship products, the acquisition and retention of supporters from Uganda and contribute to planning and implementing of sponsorship activities between AAU and funding affiliates to maintain international supporter links to resource strategic commitments in line with the fundraising strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of local sponsorship products; and develop acquisition and retention strategies for the supporters from Uganda in line with AAU fundraising strategy, Country Strategy Paper, AAI sponsorship policies and standards, and the national laws;
- Support the development of 2 -year plans and budgets in line with fundraising strategy and Country Strategy Paper Commitments;
- Actively participate in the development innovative fundraising products and proposals in line with Country Strategy Paper and fundraising strategy;
- Actively contribute to building and maintaining quality relationship with Funding Affiliates and supporters in accordance to set AAI Sponsorship Policies and Standards;
- Plan and support the LRPs and partners in profile, message and photo update collection exercises according to the child sponsorship policies and requirements;
- Ensure timely and quality reports by the Local Rights Programmes (LRPs)/Partners in line with the sponsorship communication manual and Nkosonkoso (ActionAid sponsorship database) Monitoring and Evaluation performance system;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Business Administration, Mass Communication, Marketing or any other related discipline from a recognized institution
- A minimum of two years of relevant working experience from a recognized institution.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent report writing and record keeping skills
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Good team work and team building skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of Monitoring and evaluation;
- Broad knowledge and understanding of philanthropy sector and best practices.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should deliver their application letters, CVs and copies of Academic documents with details of at least three (3) referees one of which shall be from your most recent employer. The complete applications should be hand delivered or sent by email to Vacancies.Uganda@actionaid.org addressed to: The Director Human Resource and Organizational Effectiveness, ActionAid Uganda Plot 2514/2515 Ggaba Road, Opposite Kampala International University, P.O. Box 676 Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 8th August 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline