Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
SolarNow is a distribution and finance company that sells high quality solar product and appliances to households and businesses in Uganda. The company started in 2011 and has since opened 36 branches throughout Uganda, employs around 250 people. Expansion into other countries is planned for 2016.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Officer will support and monitor the implementation of all human resource related functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance management and employee counseling in line with Solar Now HR policy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer support to supervisors and staff to develop the skills and capabilities of staff in line with set Solar Now guidelines.
· Monitor staff performance and attendance activities in line with Solar Now HR procedures
· Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process by hunting for new candidates, organizes selection and handles intake information in accordance with company HR policies.
· Provide information and assistance to staff, supervisors and management on human resource related issues.
· Implement human resources plans and personnel management policies and procedures
· Provide advice and assistance to staff and management on pay and benefits systems in line with Solar Now HR policies.
· Carry out field visits to the branches and implement Human Resources policies.
· Perform all Human Resources Administrative activities in relation to the Solar Now HR policies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Industrial and Organizational Psychology
· One year of work experience in related field in a reputable organization
· Previous experience in branch or field visits
· The applicant must be a fit with SN values
· Keen attention to detail
· Excellent communication and reporting skills
· Able to work with minimum supervision
· Good team player
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to the Human Resource Manager, SolarNow Uganda Services via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, including their updated CVs (no other documents).
Deadline: 29th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline