Job Title: Area Field Coordinator (2 Job Vacancies)
Organization: Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO)
Duty Station: Mbale and Soroti, Uganda
Reports to: Livelihood Programme Manager
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans (UWESO) is a national non-government organization which was founded in 1986 by Ugandan mothers committed to providing relief aid to needy children left parentless by the civil turbulence of the mid-1980’s and the HIV/AIDS pandemic.
About PROFIRA Project:
UWESO in partnership with Care International in Uganda and Government of Uganda plan to reach out to 62,500 vulnerable households in 22 districts in Eastern Region (i.e. Teso and Bugisu Sub Regions) through Livelihoods pathway over a three year period (2016-2019). Creation of Community Savings and Credit Groups (CSCGs), Business Skills Training and Financial Literacy Education are key interventions of Project for Financial Inclusion in Rural Areas (PROFIRA) with funding from IFAD/GOU.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of PROFIRA project activities in the Area.
- Organize and schedule project staff and other relevant stakeholders and also liaising and coordinating with the district officials in line with the project
- In charge of preparing monthly activity plans and overseeing their implementation
- Ensuring quality in project implementation
- In charge of staff supervision and development
- Ensuring field supervisors and field agents submit timely, complete and accurate reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Preparation and submission of project work plans and reports regularly.
- In charge of the documentation of project best practices, lessons learnt and success stories
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the PROFIRA Project Area Field Coordinator jobs must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Development studies, Business Administration, Microfinance or any other related field.
- A minimum of three years’ experience and practical knowledge of micro finance and community based micro financing approaches.
- Ability to provide technical support to CSCGs, engaged in Income Generating activities and youth groups.
- Experience in managing donor funded projects.
- Skills and experience in partnership Management
- Excellent track record of project management and leadership
- Knowledge of the local socio-economic environment
- Good M&E Skills
- Willingness to reside within the area of jurisdiction after appointment
- Knowledge of VSLA Methodology is an added advantage
- Computer literacy skills
- Age: Above 28 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their softcopy applications with an application letter, CV (Max 3 pages) including names of three professional referees, Copies of relevant academic documents, salary history and a daytime telephone contact addressed to:
Human Resource Officer,
Uganda Women’s Effort to Save Orphans,
Plot 2 Tagore Crescent, Kamwokya,
P.O. Box 8419, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (All email applications should be in a single PDF file of maximum size – 5MB)
Deadline: 12th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline