Job Title: Warehouse/Stores Supervisor
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Administration
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Warehouse/Stores Supervisor will supervise warehouses and storage of goods of the Authority
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the receiving, documentation, storage, and shipping of materials.
- Receipts and ensures safe custody of supplies, parts and equipments and updates the stores records accordingly
- Reports all rejected purchased materials to the Manager Administration and the Head of Procurement if they do not conform to the requirements as stipulated by the Purchase order.
- The incumbent places materials in proper storage locations according to storage and handling lists; initiates storage change forms and documents new storage locations.
- Identifies and records any expired/obsolete stock and compiles items due for disposal
- Cleans, organizes, and maintains warehouse ensuring that all inventories are stored securely and neatly placed throughout the warehouse.
- Raises stores requisitions for items replenishment as appropriate
- Prepares and issues materials to authorized personnel as indicated on work orders and stores requisition form through outside logistic company vendors.
- Codes inventory transfers to proper accounts or projects and tasks
- Conducts periodic stock counts and annual physical inventories to verify inventory counts
- Works closely with external auditors/ Board of survey teams for yearend board of survey audits
- Compiles and sends reports as required by the Manager Administration
- Supports Procurement department in ensuring proper and timely disposal of assets as per procedure and Policy and NEMA guidelines
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the superiors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Warehouse/Stores Supervisor job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Supplies and Stores Management or equivalent or from a recognized institution OR A Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Social Sciences with a diploma in Stores Management
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in a reputable Public or Private organization, two (2) of which should have been at a supervisory level
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Working knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- IT literacy
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 3rd August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline