Job Title: Finance & Operations Manager
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Eastern Uganda (RHITES-E) project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
About USAID RHITES-E Project:
Path is seeking to implement a five-year USAID/Uganda health service integration program in Uganda. The goal of the Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in Eastern Uganda (RHITES-E) project is to increase utilization of health services by strengthening systems; improving quality; increasing availability of, access to, and demand for quality services; and supporting the health sector to sustain the high rate of utilization in the Eastern Region. The health services that will be supported will include HIV, TB, malaria, nutrition, family planning, and maternal, neonatal and child health care. Preference will be given to applicants with relevant experience in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Finance and Operations Manager ensures that PATH effectively meets the financial planning, monitoring, and reporting needs of USAID, the Chief of Party, partners and sub recipients. The Finance & Operations Manager advises project staff on USAID agreement requirements and provides training on financial management, record keeping, operational systems and policies. The incumbent works closely with the Chief of Party and technical staff to develop and coordinate the annual work plan and budgeting process with partners and staff in compliance with USAID regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer support in financial management, administration, operations and implementation of the project involving multiple public-private partnerships and providing financial advice and support.
- Provide capacity building as needed to partners and sub recipients in financial management and grants management.
- Offer technical assistance to partners in organizational and systems improvement and good governance.
- Ensure that PATH effectively meets the financial planning, monitoring, and reporting needs of the donor.
- Guide project staff on donor agreement requirements and provide training on financial management, record keeping, operational systems and policies.
- Supervise agreement compliance issues including branding and marking, procurement, property administration, and sub agreement amendment processes.
- Work closely with the Chief of Party and technical staff to develop and coordinate the annual work plan and budgeting process with partners and staff in compliance with donor regulations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field.
- At least ten years’ experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs in diverse geographic locations.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Experience in managing donor funded procurements and subcontracts/grants.
- High numeracy and sound technical skills.
- Analytical approach to work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills and initiative.
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Able to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships.
- Ability to make quick but balanced decisions.
- Able to lead and motivate others.
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications and databases.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join PATH in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline