Job Title: Program Officer
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Strengthening Uganda’s Systems for Treating AIDS Nationally (SUSTAIN) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About URC SUSTAIN Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID-funded Strengthening Uganda’s Systems for Treating AIDS Nationally (SUSTAIN) project. The project supports delivery of quality HIV prevention, treatment, care and laboratory services at selected regional referral and general hospitals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The program officer will be responsible for the management of programs for various URC activities in country.
- The incumbent will keep updated trackers of the process including staff management files.
- Actively participate in the preparation of scope of work and budgets for various activities.
- Prepare biweekly and monthly progress reports on the work done to the in country and headquarters teams.
- Ensure that Communication with stakeholders is done at intervals agreed within the scope of work and the supervisor
- The jobholder will schedule conference calls with partners and URC- headquarters staff including taking notes during the conference calls and following up the key action points that will arise
- Maintain electronic and paper files of program communications, materials, and site specific documents.
- Actively participate in the writing of funding proposals to different donors.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by your supervisor or designee.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social sciences. Possession of a postgraduate in public Health or any other related field desirable
- At least three years of project coordination experience, preferred experience with USG-funded programs
- Previous experience in witting funding proposals and management of the proposal writing process will be an added advantage
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified applicants should send their cover letters, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for three professional references in the subject line by addressed to:
Human Resource & Administration Coordinator,
University Research Co., LLC – Centre for Human Services,
Plot 7 Ntinda View Crescent, Naguru
P.O Box 28745
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Not more than 3MB)
NB: Please remember to state the position you are applying for in the subject of the email and the envelope.
Deadline: 22nd July 2016 by 5.00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline