Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director
Project Name: USAID funded BETTER OUTCOMES for Children and Youth in Eastern and Northern Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Party
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
WEI/Bantwana Initiative is a Non-Governmental Organization that helps families and children orphaned and made vulnerable by HIV/AIDS to access the comprehensive support and care they need to grow into healthy adults.
About USAID BETTER OUTCOMES Project:
World Education Inc. /Bantwana (WEI/B) is implementing the five- year USAID funded BETTER OUTCOMES for Children and Youth in Eastern and Northern Uganda. The goal of the project is to improve the wellbeing of children and youth orphaned and made vulnerable by HIV and other adversities in Eastern and Northern Uganda. BETTER OUTCOMES is implemented by a consortium of five partners, namely: WEI/B as the prime partner; Mercy Corps, Uganda Women’s Efforts to Save Orphans (UWESO), Youth, Alive and Friends of Christ Revival (FOC-REV); each responsible for specific technical aspects of the project. The project is being implemented in 13 districts of Eastern and Northern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director will support the Chief of Party in taking charge of all monitoring, evaluation and research activities associated with the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan – AMELP:
- Coordinate with USAID and other projects and stakeholders as advised by USAID and the Chief of Party, to seek inputs / feedback to integrate.
- Coordinate with project technical team to develop set of SMART indicators for the AMELP at all levels.
- Manage the finalization of an AMELP for COP submission and USAID approval.
- Review project data bank and reports.
- Send feedback to the concerned parties after the review of the data and reports received, and advise management on any
- Keenly review all field data for the projects managed under your docket and advice on compliance issues and donor requirements
Develop baselines and special studies:
- Coordinate with project team and other stakeholders to gather data.
- Develop SOW for consultancies / special studies
- Lead and coordinate the work of consultants / team members in the implementation of special studies as needed.
- Lead / verify the analysis of data and ensure quality of reports/ products developed by consultants.
- Ensure that IRS / ethical clearance is obtained, when appropriate.
Prepare timely and complete MEL reports
- Coordinate with project team, MEL team and implementing partners to ensure data is submitted in time for report deadlines.
- Assemble data and indicators with relevant disaggregation requested.
- Submit data / MEL reports in respect of deadlines.
Lead development of MEL tools:
- Coordinate with project team to ensure activity tools allow gathering of
- Lead the development of assessment tools, evaluation tools. Lead the development of integrated project database.
Ensure data quality and integrity:
- Develop procedures / processes to ensure data quality. Review data security procedures and processes.
- Lead / coordinate MEL team and partners to carry out data quality assessments at all levels.
- Carry out data reviews and provide feedbacks, flagging issues, as appropriate.
Build staff capacity in MEL:
- Mentor and train MEL team, relevant consortium partners and CSO implementing partners.
- Coordinate with Capacity Building team to contribute to MEL training and mentoring of district stakeholders.
- Develop MEL guidance as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director job placement must hold a Master’s Degree or higher in monitoring and evaluation, public health, demography, health management, social science, biostatistics, statistics, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience supervising monitoring, evaluation and research efforts, preferably with respect to child welfare and protection systems strengthening, capacity building, economic strengthening, and service delivery.
- The candidate must have strong quantitative or mixed- method and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong skills using MS Excel Word, PowerPoint and Access, and at least one data management software program (SAS, SPSS) and experience training others in its use is highly desirable.
- S/he must have demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical and management expertise and experience, and strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the World Education Inc. /Bantwana (WEI/B) are encouraged to apply via E-mail only be sending an updated CV and cover letter to: Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 29th July 2016 by 1:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline