Job Title: Driver
Organization: Pathfinder International (PI)
Project Name: USAID funded Integrated Systems Strengthening (ISS) for CHW (Community Health Worker) programming project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administration Officer
Pathfinder International (PI) is an international non-profit organization that is dedicated to supporting high-quality comprehensive reproductive health services. PI Uganda office is implementing the USAID funded Integrated Systems Strengthening (ISS) for CHW (Community Health Worker) programming project, which aims to strengthen community health approaches to reduce barriers to effective primary health coverage in diverse systems as well as support National Policies and their implementation. The project emphasis is to make quality services available by means that can be scaled, through improved referrals and linkages across the continuum of both community mobilization and structural interventions approach.
Job Summary: The Driver will be responsible for completing safe driving assignments for staff, consultants and other visitors. The incumbent will also be responsible for performing auto maintenance, ensuring the vehicle is in good functioning order, maintaining a Driver’s Log Book, keeping the vehicle clean, and delivering mail and parcels.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use Pathfinder Project vehicles to drive Project staff members, consultants and visitors to and from the airport, hotel, project sites, and other locations as assigned.
- Update and maintain Driver’s Log Book with dates of oil changes and listings of daily trips including kilometers traveled, fuel consumed and associated costs.
- Ensure that vehicle is operated in a legal, safe and responsible manner at all times including ensuring that all passengers wear seat belts while the vehicle is moving.
- Maintain vehicles in good functioning order and safety.
- Arrange for repairs and regularly scheduled maintenance of project vehicles as per manufacturer’s suggested schedule.
- The incumbent will ensure that all regulations are followed in case of accidents an<f that required paperwork is submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure that project vehicles have required registrations, insurance, licensing and inspection, and that necessary documentation is retained.
- Ensure the safety of the vehicle whenever in use.
- Regularly reports to the management and the police in case of any road accident.
- Make sure the vehicle is securely locked at all times.
- Report any damage to vehicle immediately to the Administrative Officer.
- Prepares and submits receipts for purchase of fuel and other consumable items for the vehicles.
- Pick up and deliver shipments, supplies, and materials as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Administrative Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Pathfinder International (PI) Project Driver jobs must hold an A-level certificate of education.
- Previous experience working for an international development organization is desired
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their cover letters and updated CVs indicating current and expected salary, telephone contacts and three referees preferably supervisors to PIUapplication@gmail.com.
Deadline: 12th July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline