Job Title: Finance Assistant
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Officer
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID ASSIST Project:
The USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement (October 2012-September 2017) awarded to University Research Co., LLC and is dedicated to improving health, population and nutrition services through technical support to service delivery institutions, country Ministries of Health, USAID country missions, and cooperating agencies.
Job Summary: The Finance Assistant will work closely with other members of the finance team to provide accounting support to ASSIST Uganda Staff and other partners with the overall aim of ensuring smooth functioning of operations and project activities. The incumbent also plays a general role of supporting project, Administration, Finance functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify payment documentation for accuracy and completeness before posting to QBs.
- Manage petty cash accounts, including ensuring the maintenance of an appropriate level of petty cash in safe deposit.
- In charge of the preparation and continuously update the vendor tracker as per guidelines/ requirements by Contracts department.
- Work closely with the finance team, ensure that all costs in the project adhere to USAID/URC regulations, and are allowable, reasonable and allocable.
- Support the Finance Officer in addressing all monthly field report review comments from home office including providing feedback for missing vouchers and outstanding information following review of payment documentation.
- Ensure all financial documents, journals and payment vouchers are filed in a timely manner.
- Preparation of monthly payment vouchers and accountability journals for review before the Finance Manager sends to the home office as per policy.
- Offer support in the maintenance of a proper filing system for all financial reports, and other finance documentation.
- Receipt of hotel invoices from the admin department and ensure completeness and timely reconciliation of the same with their respective accountabilities before payment is affected.
- Work in close collaboration with the program team to ensure that all the necessary support documentation and information is obtained for direct payment of various teams we work with in the field.
- Liaise with the operations department to ensure timely receipt, reconciliation and payment of telephone, internet and modem bills
- Work closely with the operations department to ensure receipt of invoices and necessary support documentation for timely payment of vendors.
- Support the Finance Officer in gathering information and documentation required in preparing tax reports.
- Prepare and maintain a tracking log of all documents received in and released from finance department.
- Perform any other project related task assigned by the supervisor, Finance Manager and/ or Chief of Party.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognised University with an Accounting or Finance bias.
- A minimum of two years’ experience with an NGO in Accountancy & Financial Management.
- Good Understanding of Accounts/Finance donor requirements.
- Impeccable level of integrity.
- Computer literacy i.e. working knowledge of Quick Books is added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send application letters, updated CVs, and relevant academic documents as well as names and contact information for three professional references and day time contact numbers to:
The Human Resource Officer- USAID ASSIST Project,
University Research Co., LLC, Plot 40, Ntinda II Road, Naguru,
P.O. Box 28745, Kampala, Uganda.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 5th August 2016
NB: Please indicate the position in the subject if you are sending electronically. Applications will be shortlisted as they come in and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline