Job Title: Senior Technical Officer
Organisation: FHI 360
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is an international non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
About USAID FANTA Project:
The Food and Nutrition Technical Assistance ill Project (FANTA), managed by FHI 360 and funded by USAID, is a 5-year cooperative agreement that works to improve and strengthen nutrition and food security policies, strategies, programs and systems through technical support to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and its partners, including host country governments, international organizations, and nongovernmental organization implementing partners.
Job Summary: The Senior Technical Officer (STO) will provide technical leadership and oversight for the implementation of FANTA Uganda’s activities to ensure that all activities and deliverables meet high quality standards. The incumbent will manage the FANTA technical team and oversee the development and review of technical documents such as policies, strategies, protocols, guidelines, and related materials. The jobholder will also support the FANTA team to troubleshoot any issues that may arise and interact with partners and the donor. In addition, she/he will provide technical assistance to the Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) towards implementation of the Uganda Nutrition Action Plan (UNAP) as needed. The STO will support the FANTA Uganda Project Manager and Deputy Project Manager in strategic planning of FANTA activities, project planning, and reporting to donors and stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID FHI 360 FANTA Senior Technical Officer (STO) career opportunity must hold a Master’s degree in public health, nutrition, or other related areas
- A minimum of seven years’ experience relevant work experience with US government-funded programs
- Significant experience providing technical oversight to the development of nutrition policies, strategies, protocols, guidelines, and related materials
- Previous experience delivering trainings at central, provincial, district, and/or health center levels.
- Prior experience working with USAID funded projects Informed on current evidence and literature in related technical areas
- Broad working knowledge of UNAP strategies, guidelines, and other materials.
- Familiarity with USAID policies and regulations
- Ability to undertake problem analyses and organize diverse information in a systematic way while thinking creatively to propose approaches to improve program design, implementation and results reporting.
- Strong analytical ability is essential.
- Ability to work with others to translate technical materials into practical tools and approaches and be able to communicate these options using print, electronic and presentation services.
- Demonstrated managerial, leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Ability to work in and manage a team consisting of people with different technical backgrounds and with people with varying levels of technical training
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, facilitate relationships and interact smoothly and effectively with stakeholders and colleagues.
- Fluent in written and verbal communication in English
- Superior presentation skills, both written and oral.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter, CV/resume including salary requirements to: The Human Resource Office, FHI 360, Plot 15 Kitante Close, P.O. Box 5768 Kampala, Uganda or via email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 15th July, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline