Job Title: Technical Officer- Medicines Finance
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Project Name: USAID-funded Uganda Health Supply Chain program
Reports to: Senior Technical Advisor, District Support
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 13-8971
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
About USAID EMHS Project:
USAID funded Uganda Health Supply Chain is a five year program supporting the Government of Uganda’s health system to improve the availability and accessibility of essential medicines and health supplies (EMHS).The expected results of are to:1) strengthen national policies and strategies and support cost-effective, equitable, and transparent utilization of EMHS resources; 2) strengthen country capacity for effective management and utilization of EMHS; and 3) increase availability and access of EMHS among priority populations.
Job Summary: The Technical Officer- medicines finance support, will work with senior technical advisor - district support, senior technical advisor- Health finance, medical bureau staff and health facility staff to ensure effective implementation of Pharmaceutical Financial management (PFM) intervention, cost recovery and other medicines finance interventions targeted at PNFP health facilities. S/he will coordinate development and pilot of PFM materials for PNFP health facilities. With support from the UHSC health finance specialist, the Technical Officer- Medicines Financing will also support a design and implementation of a costing study which will be key in harmonizing charging at PNFP health facilities to increase access to affordable Essential Medicines and Health Supplies (EMHS).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Development of a PFM module for PNFP health facilities
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a program for training Medical bureau staff in PFM
- Work in liaison with the technical officer- PNFP support (medicines management), medical bureau logistic advisors to develop and implement plan to roll out PFM in the PNFP health facilities.
- Support development of standard PFM reports for the Medical Bureaus Health facilities,
- Prepare and submit regular status reports on PFM implementation at PNFP health facilities
- Using the PIP to conduct regular M&E of PNFP performance for quality improvement purposes
- Work in close collaboration with the Senior technical Advisor – Health finance, develop and implement a strategy to improve facility awareness and utilization of PHC funds from JMS and other JMS services including to the door delivery
- Support interventions like; health Insurance schemes and cost recovery in PNFP facilities and conduct relevant operational studies in this area to inform policy
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Technical Officer- Medicines Finance career opportunity should hold Bachelor’s degree in a finance or accounting field with a combined qualification in a medical field
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience in a medical environment. Work experience in the PNFP sector an added advantage
- Previous work experience in coordination of USAID implementing partner activities at national level organizations is an added advantage
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the Uganda public health system.
- Proven ability to collaborate with other stakeholders in developing creative and solutions to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Fluency in oral and written English required.
- Training experience and skills a plus.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Willingness to travel widely within the Uganda.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 7th July, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline