Job Title: University College Secretary
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Kabale, Uganda
Reports to: Principal
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education - not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The University College Secretary will provide professional leadership and guidance in the delivery of legal, administrative and medical support services.
- Serve as the custodian for Council/College policies, statutes, decisions and provide advice on their interpretation and implementation at the University College.
- Support the Principal and Deputy Principal in accounting for revenue and expenditure of the University
- Coordinate the procurement of goods and services and ensure that all contractual obligations are fulfilled in accordance with procurement procedures
- Ensure conformity to policy guidelines in recruitment of personnel and take an active role in formulation of administrative policies
- Regularly monitor and track the utilization of capital and operational expenditure against approved plans and budget
- Ensure letters of appointment and employment contracts are issued and renewed in a timely manner.
- Support the Principal or Deputy Principal in the general administration of the University
- Ensure efficient provision of medical services through supervision of the service providers.
- Serve as Secretary to the College governing Council, Cabinet, Administrative Management and Procurement Committee
- Assist the Principal and Deputy Principal in looking after the College estate
- Supervise the Bursar, the Estates Officer, Clinical Officer and Dean of Students
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Principal or Deputy Principal.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UCU University College Secretary job placement must hold a Master’s degree preferably in Public Administration, Educational Management or a related field from a recognized institute of higher learning.
- The applicant must also hold a Bachelor’s degree preferably in Public Administration, Educational Management or a related field from a recognized institute of higher learning
- At least five years of administrative work experience in an institution of higher learning.
- The applicant must be a team leader with strong administrative, organizational and planning skills
- Must be committed and practicing Christian
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three (Academic, Leadership, Pastoral) references. Please remember to attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts to:
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22nd July 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline