Job Title: Storekeeper
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Tororo, Uganda
Reports to: Logistics Associate
Position Grade: SC 3
Reference Number: 16 - 0021718
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas namely: Emergency Humanitarian Action (EHA); Food & Nutrition Security (FNS); and Agriculture & Market Support (AMS). WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Storekeeper will support the UN World Food Programme (WFP) by managing the warehouse operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the equipment and supplies required for smooth and safe operation of the store (weighing scales, sampling spears, moisture meters, stitching machines, fire extinguishers, spare bags, threads, stationery, etc.) are in place.
- The incumbent will ensure that the store is opened, locked and sealed by the delegated security guards.
- Ensure that porters are available in optimum number for loading, off-loading, reconstitution, re-bagging and re-stacking operations.
- Prepare and verify warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records, to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Carry out daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, and refer to the supervisor for appropriate action.
- Conduct joint inspection of quality and quantity of food commodities, at time of receipt or as necessary and report findings to the Senior Logistics Assistant or his designate.
- Regularly monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions to support efficient warehouse space-utilization and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
- Ensure that all receipts, returns, dispatches are accurately recorded and all transactions are reflected in the appropriate stack cards. Carry out stock reconciliation and ensure stock is up to date (stack Cards and in the System).
- Supervise re-bagging, reconstitution and segregation of damaged food and stack the same separately.
- Keenly check and verify the accuracy of tally sheets and other documents daily.
- Support daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks and report immediately any discrepancy.
- Identify infested commodities and arrange for fumigation and spraying.
- Initiate certification of unfit food commodities and ensure removal of the same from the store upon receipt of disposal/condemnation instructions.
- Support receipt/dispatch commodities including transshipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Perform any other duties assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Storekeeper job vacancy should hold a Diploma in Stores Management, Logistics gained from a recognized institution
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible support experience in field of transport, administration, accounting, statistics gained from a reputable organization;
- Training and / or experience using database management and organizational softwares
- Prior experience in warehouse management, labour management or pest management;
- Good knowledge and skills in using MS Office applications;
- Excellent command of English is vital;
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme to submit their applications online, Click Here
Step 1: Register and create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NB: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline: 28th July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline