Job Title: Programme Policy Officer (Nutrition & HIV)
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position Grade: SC 9
Reference Number: 16 - 0021715
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas namely: Emergency Humanitarian Action (EHA); Food & Nutrition Security (FNS); and Agriculture & Market Support (AMS). WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Programme Policy Officer (Nutrition & HIV) will support the UN World Food Programme (WFP) office by strengthening capacity development agenda on Nutrition and HIV related issues and support the management of WFP’s nutrition programme in the field.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide project management support and contribute to the development of nutrition projects and activities, ensuring that they are HIV – sensitive and coordinated with wider programmes/projects that comply with WFP standards and procedures as well as national policies and guidelines.
- Work closely with implementing partners (Internal and External) and government to monitor ongoing projects, ensuring effective collaboration and delivery of results;
- Guide the head of nutrition and head of programme on HIV and nutrition issues in the context of Uganda;
- Ensure timely, accurate and comprehensive proposal development and donor reporting related to WFP funded nutrition and HIV programmes;
- Offer technical support to the ministry of health and other related sectors to integrate HIV – Sensitive activities into government nutrition policies, guidelines, IEC materials etc.;
- Provide support to the ministry of health to strengthen the health management information system (HMIS) and other nutrition and HIV surveillance tools to ensure appropriate data collection, reporting and monitoring of nutrition and HIV;
- Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring/assessment systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained;
- Keenly track and analyse data to provide input into reporting activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders;
- Actively participate in government nutrition and HIV technical working group meetings;
- Perform any other duties as required;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Programme Policy Officer (Nutrition & HIV) job placement should hold an advanced University degree in public health, nutrition, Food Technology, medicine attained from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of six years of post-graduate relevant working experience in public health, Food Security, nutrition & HIV gained from reputable organizations;
- Previous experience working in developing countries and in building partnership with ministries of health, national AIDS programmes, national and local non-governmental organisations;
- Prior exposure and experience working with and managing projects in the field, including demonstrable partnership and budget management experience;
- Previous experience writing proposals and reports;
- Successful track record in advocacy, networking and inter agency collaboration in Uganda;
- Excellent organisational skills, with an ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously;
- Proficiency in both oral and written English is essential;
- Good working knowledge and experience using MS Office applications;
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme to submit their applications online, Click Here
Step 1: Register and create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NB: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline: 28th July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline