Job Title: Supervisor - Workshop
Organisation: Kakira Sugar Limited
Duty Station: Kayunga, Uganda
Reports to: Agricultural Workshops Superintendent
Job Ref: 2016-06-24/AG-M-KW-02
The Madhvani Group, a leading professionally managed industrial/service group, with an annual turnover exceeding USD 500 million, engaged in diverse operations. Kakira Sugar is owned by the Madhavani Group and it is extracted from cane grown on lush plantations on the shores of Lake Victoria. The sweet, sparkling crystals with their distinctive taste and flavour, and rich golden colour, have sweetened dishes all over Uganda since the 1930s.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will be responsible for motor cycles, tractors, light & heavy vehicles and trailers.
- Managing a large fleet of tractors, tractor mounted winches, trailers, cane loading machines of cane transport and factory front end loaders and other miscellaneous equipment working in shifts to achieve optimum level of availability.
- Mentor and supervise a team of mechanics, welders, auto electricians tyre fitters and other technicians.
- Manage and plan men, material, machines documents under his control
- In charge of training the technicians, inspecting and testing the machines at the end of shift and handing over them to other shifts properly.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Diploma in Mechanical or Agricultural/ Automotive Engineering/Mechanical Engineering or their equivalent plus a Certificate in Basic Supervisory Management.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ practical experience as a mechanic in a big motor vehicle garage.
- Age: 30 years and above.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with Photostat copies of testimonials, certificates and curriculum vitae, indicating daytime telephone number, contact addresses of two referees and quoting the job reference number on the upper left-hand corner of the envelope should be sent to: Mr. Moses H. Thenge Human Resources Manager Kakira Sugar Limited P.O. Box 121, Jinja – Uganda Tel. 0414-444000
Deadline: 4th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline