Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Registration and Operations
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Senior Registration Officer – Field Support will manage and provide technical support to District Information Technology Officers for purposes of smoothening the Registration processes
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offers logistical support to field registration offices
- Ensures timely delivery and quality of electronic and manual registration data from field offices
- Carries out public awareness campaigns and information dissemination on civil and citizenship registration
- Offers technical support and advice to field offices and management as well as transmission of registration manual and electronic data from the field to headquarters
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Manager, Registration and Operations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Senior Registration Officer – Field Support job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree with honors in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Management or related field from a recognized institution
- Professional ICT certifications will be an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years relevant work experience in the fields of registration and operations in a reputable organization, two (2) years of which are at supervisory level.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- High degree of flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate teams
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 3rd August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline