Job Title: Project Manager (Several Job Placements)
Organisation: Huawei Technologies Co (U) Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. is a Chinese multinational networking and telecommunications equipment and services company headquartered in Shenzhen, Guangdong. It is the largest telecommunications equipment maker in the world, having overtaken Ericsson in 2012. Huawei is a leading ICT solutions provider. Our telecom network equipment, IT products, and smart devices provide solutions in 170 countries and regions worldwide. With annual sales revenue of USD39.6 billion in 2013, Huawei ranked 285th on the Global Fortune 500. Together with our partners, we are building a better connected world.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the definition of CUSTOMER’s IT projects-related governance framework, policies and procedures.
- Assist in translating IT Governance and Quality strategy and plans into specific programmes/ projects.
- Work closely with Program Management Office (PMO) and Quality Assurance division to establish standards for IT project management.
- Assist in communicating the unit’s direction and objectives to subordinate staff.
- Stay abreast with global and local best practice as it relates to the unit’s activities.
- Assist in continuously reviewing the unit’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Establish and maintain relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with PMO and Quality Assurance division to develop project plan for IT projects (including resource requirements).
- Manage and coordinate the implementation of all IT projects against the project plans.
- Identify reasons for delays in projects and plan activities to overcome these.
- Identify and respond to risks / escalated problems throughout the project cycle.
- Ensure the performance of project managers is up to the required standard during the implementation of the project plan.
- Ensure compliance with agreed IT project management standards.
- The incumbent will ensure changes to ongoing IT project comply with approved IT project management standards.
- Ensure the implementation of a solutions life-cycle environment of testing, development, and staging/QA.
- Manage capital expenditure/operating expenditure budget for all IT projects.
- Manage the acquisition, tracking and maintenance of IT assets.
- Evaluate activities of the IT Planning and Projects unit on a regular basis and recommend suitable best practice solutions to the Senior Manager, IT Governance and Quality as required.
- Assist in implementing the unit’s work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Offer support in the planning and managing the human and material resources of the unit to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- The incumbent will manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Senior Manager, IT Governance and Quality.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, IT Governance and Quality.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The Project Managers should have at least five years’ experience in the telecommunications & Engineering Field
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 25th July 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline