Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: District Registration Officer
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Assistant Registration Officer will offer support in handling clients and processing their documents for the purposes of registration at the Sub-County
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent receives clients, interviews them and directs them to the various service points
- Issues appropriate application forms and other information required for registration and handling any other technical queries
- Maintains the electronic / manual register of application received, certificates and other identification documents
- Receives back completed registration forms with attachments such as notification records/ forms, bank payment forms, letters of introduction etc
- Forwards received applications to the Records Office and track their movement through the relevant action centers / officers
- The incumbent issues certified registration certificates and identification documents to applicants
- Ensures security of the data, data capturing equipment and related materials, authenticating and authorizing the right data for production of certificates and identification documents
- Communicates citizenship enrollment, registration, identity cards distribution and issuance programmes and procedures, to communities
- Executes enrollment, registration and card identity cards issuance operations and activities
- The incumbent transmits registration data to the district database
- Maintains updated records of registration applications, registered citizens and non-citizens and identity cards issued at sub-County level
- The jobholder receives applications, registers citizens and non-citizens, maintains updated records of applications for registration, registered persons and national identity cards issued at the sub-county and receives change request
- Organizes local committees for verification of the authenticity of applicants for citizenship registration
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the District Registration Officer
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Assistant Registration Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors or diploma in arts, social sciences, administration or other related field from a recognised institution
- Computer software applications
- Working experience in ICT based work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer care skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 3rd August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline