Organization: M-KOPA Solar Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Marketing Manager
M-KOPA Solar is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 200,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Job Summary: The Field Marketing Officer will provide field marketing support to M-KOPA brand and sales growth
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement field marketing plans and programs that drive brand growth in line with marketing department work plans.
- Offer technical support in organizing marketing events / promotional campaigns/activations for brand promotion by assisting in event planning, designing and coordinating the event management team
- Supervise Rig Assistants to facilitate smooth execution of field activations in line with the planned marketing event/activities.
- Work closely with and establish relationships with local authorities to acquire and pay for necessary permits before marketing events.
- Monitor and evaluate field marketing activities/events, give actionable feedback, share best practices with the marketing department.
- Assist in projections/forecast of marketing events thorough analyzing and communication of underlying market demand assumptions, industry trends, competition, and new opportunities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in retail marketing, sales and marketing, business administration, business management, advertisement, or communication.
- Additional course in marketing principles, mass communication, public relations, economics, finance is added advantage
- At least two to three years of field and promotional marketing
- Ability to work independently or in groups
- Ability to manage and lead a team
- Organizational skills with emphasis on time management
- Strong interpersonal skills and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated with demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in various tasking situation
- Strong analytical skills with focus towards details
- Ability to handle pressure and work in a constantly changing atmosphere
- Strong oral, written, and verbal communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and up-to-date CVs to: email@example.com addressed to with the subject “Field Marketing Officer” addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Lubowa Estate, Plot 1300 -1301 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 22nd August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline