Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: District Registration Officer
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The IT Officer – District will work with and through the ICT department to enable capture and processing of registration data at the district
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offers technical support in the conversion of captured biometric data into the biometric database, maintaining reliable, up-to-date information in line with the defined functions of the system, implementing technical aspects on the database and ensuring security for the data processing center
- The incumbent maintains updated electronic and manual records of the registered citizens and non-citizens, national and alien identity cards issuance at the district
- Installs software, configuring and maintaining the enrollment kits and district server
- The jobholder investigates, trouble shoots and diagnoses problems on enrollment kits and district servers
- Conducts routine configuration and installation of IT solutions/systems
- Ensures safe offline transfer of captured data to Headquarters
- Maintains and updates an inventory of ICT equipment and related materials in their custody
- Ensures adherence to safety standards by IT officers and other staff or service providers under their supervision
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the District Registration Officer
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) IT Officer – District job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors or diploma in Computer Science/information management systems or related field from a recognized institution
- Technical skills and understanding of various computer software programmes
- A minimum of two years working experience in related field in a reputable public or private organization.
- IT literacy and Computer software applications skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 3rd August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline