Job Title: Data Clerks (Several Jobs)
Organisation: Multi Community Based Development Initiative (MUCOBADI)
Project Name: USAID Better Outcomes for Children and Youth in Eastern and Northern Uganda Project
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Assistant
Multi Community Based Development Initiative (MUCOBADI) is a local NGO founded in 2000 by Community Development Volunteers and currently working in 10 Districts of Bugiri, Mayuge, Buikwe, Butaleja, Budaka, Bududa, Kitgum, Pader, Lamwo and Abim. MUCOBADI's current programming focuses on Health, Rights and Social Accountability, Livelihoods and WASH. Working in partnership with BANTWANA/World Education, MUCOBADI is implementing a 5-year USAID funded programme (Better Outcomes for Children and Youth in Eastern and Northern Uganda Project.
Job Summary: The Data Clerks will be part of a larger Better Outcomes M&E team and will be responsible for data from Programs teams. The incumbent will be responsible for entering all project data from in the online database; working with the project ofﬁcers to ensure that accurate data are entered in the database. This position is aimed to increase the completeness of data in the Database. The incumbents will provide on-site support to the ﬁeld teams and focus on data entry, quality validation and basic analysis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keenly check for completeness and reliability of data before entry into the database
- Prepare, compile and sort ﬁlled forms for data entry.
- Regularly check source documents/ ﬁlled forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Accurately enter data from source documents forms into online Database.
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents and update data whenever necessary
- Ensure timely data entry into the Database
- Compile any data entry errors and report for immediate action to immediate supervisor
- Check for completeness of entered data against the physical data on forms/ tools
- Regularly check completed work for accuracy
- File/ store entered forms in designated locations/ﬁles.
- Maintain a record of activities/ tasks undertaken
- Respond to requests for information and access relevant ﬁles
- Comply with data integrity and security policies e.g. Job Speciﬁcations conﬁdentiality of data.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Data Clerk jobs must hold university degrees in statistics, Monitoring and evaluation, project management and other related ﬁelds
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in similar position
- Attained formal computer training
- Accurate keyboard skills and proven ability to enter data at the required speed
- Knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proﬁcient in relevant computer applications such as MS Ofﬁce, Web browser (Explorer, Firefox), Ms Excel, SPSS, Epidata, Epinfo
- Good verbal communication and writing skills
- Fluent in oral and written English and excellent writing skills
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are encouraged to send a 1 page cover letter and CV (Max 3 pages) to email@example.com or hand deliver/post to:
Attn: Fin & Admin Manager
Multi Community Based Development Initiative (MUCOBADI)
P.O. Box 285, Bugiri, Uganda;
Plot 02, Ayazika Road, Ndebba Cell, Bugiri Town Council (50m Off Kampala-Tororo Highway)
Or Tororo Branch ofﬁce (located within Tororo Hospital next to CDC Laboratory Hub)
Deadline: 22nd July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline