Job Title: Senior Renewable Energy Development Officer
Organisation: Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) as established by Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 75. The REB’s main function is to oversee the management of the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) and facilitate the development and implementation of the Government’s Rural Electrification Programme.
Job Summary: The Senior Renewable Energy Development Officer will identify, access and plan the development of renewable energy resources for extending electricity services to remote communities with a view to enhancing their socio-economic status.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify all renewable energy resources in the country and maintain an updated GIS based inventory of their location, exploitable potential and existing infrastructure facilities.
- Prioritize suitable renewable energy based off-grid projects for implementation, prepare terms of reference (TORs), coordinate and supervise preparation of their feasibility studies and package them for investment by the PPPs.
- Continuously update an inventory of renewable energy technologies that are appropriate for application in the rural areas, with particular reference to the identified resources, their locations and the communities to be served.
- Prepare and propose guidelines on investing in off-grid renewable energy projects by the public or the private sector (including communities) or public- private partnerships.
- Participate in the preparation of development plans for implementation of the off-grid programme.
- Research on and propose incentive mechanisms for facilitating the dissemination of appropriate technologies and their uptake.
- Actively participate in the preparation of guidelines, on evaluation and approval of off-grid renewable energy projects.
- Sensitize the rural communities and local entrepreneurs, develop their capacity to participate in rural energy electrification investments and service
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Senior Renewable Energy Development Officer job opportunity should a Bachelor’s degree (honours) in engineering or physics from a recognised university
- Possession of a post graduate qualification in renewable energy will be an added advantage
- A minimum of five years working experience in busy public or private institution, three years of should be in the field of renewable energy
- Previous exposure and experience in project formulation and management is highly desired
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandans should send their applications including; a cover letter, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials addressed and delivered to: The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope, P.O. Box 7317, Kampala - Uganda.
NB: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th July 2016 by 1.00PM.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline