Job Title: Senior Registration Officer - General
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Registration and Operations – Headquarters
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Senior Registration Officer – General will provide supervisory support to Registration Officers working on identification and registration in accordance with NIRA’s strategies plans and goals
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offers timely technical guidance and logistical support to Registration Officers, manages and supervises operations of the registries, initiates and implements operational work plans
- Provides technical advice, guidance and information to authorized hospitals, local governments, other registering agencies and stakeholders
- Initiates and authorizes communication and correspondences, preparation of reports and certification of documents
- Manages and supervises the registration processes
- Oversees the assessment and collection of non-tax revenue accruing from civil registrations
- Manages the electronic registration processes, statutory requirements and issues notices for compliance and enforcement and ensures quality assurance
- Co-ordinate with relevant departments to analyze biometric data for performance evaluation
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Manager, Registration and Operations – Headquarters
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Senior Registration Officer – General job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in law with a post graduate diploma in legal practice, or A Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Social Sciences or other related field from a recognized institution
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in a reputable public or private organization, two (2) years of which at supervisory level.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- High degree of flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- IT literacy
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 3rd August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline