Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Registration and Operations
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Senior Registration Officer - Births / Deaths will provide the necessary supervision in the identification and registration of births and deaths in accordance with NIRA’s strategies plans and goals
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offers technical guidance and logistical support to registration offices, manages and supervises operations of the registries, initiate and implement operational work plans
- Coordinates and offer technical advice, guidance and information to authorized hospitals, local governments, other registering agencies and stakeholders
- The incumbent manages and supervises the registration processes through initiating and authorization of communication and correspondence, preparation reports and certification of documents relating to births and deaths
- Works in liaison with relevant departments to analyze biometric data for performance evaluation
- Manages the assessment and collection of non-tax revenue accruing from civil registrations
- Manages electronic registration processes, statutory requirements and issues notices for compliance and enforcement and ensures quality assurance
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Manager, Registration and Operations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Senior Registration Officer - Births / Deaths job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in law with a post graduate diploma in legal practice, or a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Social Sciences or other related field from a recognised institution
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in the fields of registration and operations at a reputable organization, two (2) years of which should be at supervisory level.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- High degree of flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Good analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- IT literacy
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 3rd August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline