Job Title: Senior Records Officer
Organisation: East African Community
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania. The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
Job Summary: The Senior Records Officer will manage a well-defined records’ management system and service for the safe handling, custody, storage, retrieval, exploitation and disposition of EAC records and documents. The incumbent will also formulate strategies, guidelines and procedures for Information management such as establishment of digital archives for the EAC records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate strategies, policies and plans for Records management in liaison with technical departments; -
- Prepare budget estimates in accordance with MTEF guidelines for Risk management equipment, supplies, and requisite hardware and software;
- Develop project proposals for funding by development partners;
- Prepare an annual work plan for the division;
- Work closely with external contact in the academia, international institutions and regional bodies;
- Maintain and continually update the Management Information System;
- The incumbent will also cllect relevant data from partner states on policy trends;
- Develop retention and disposal schedules for EAC records and present the schedules to Management for approval;
- Facilitate Implementation of registry system and maintenance of the system standards.
- Carry out periodic operational audits to check system performance;
- Conduct user sensitization seminars as and when need arises;
- Prepare all the section annual, quarterly progress reports;
- Supervise and appraise the registry staff;
- Work closely with IT and other user departments on technical issues such updates for the TRIM and INSPIRO;
- Carry out system reviews for relevance in liaison with IT department;
- Provide or share information with authorized users as and when required;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the East African Community Senior Records Officer job vacancy must hold a Master’s Degree In Records and Archive Management, Information Science or an equivalent degree from a recognised University/Institution.
- At least eight years of relevant experience, with three years at Senior level.
- Skills and Competencies: Must have analytical customer care and capacity building skills. Must think strategically, have planning and organization skill, should be creative and innovative with good supervisory skills
- Age: Below 55 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three (3) referees, and a copy of National Identity Card, Birth Certificate or Passport showing the date of birth. Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and the envelope. For electronic submissions, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and forward to the address given below.
- Please submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional certificates; or fail to provide three referees shall be disqualified.
All invitations for interviews shall be done in writing to:
Executive Selection Division,
Deloitte Consulting Limited,
10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue:
P O Box 1559 Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
Fax +255(22) 2116379
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: Monday, 15th August 2016, 17:00Hrs.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline