Job Title: Senior Procurement Specialist
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Reports to: Procurement Unit Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 13-9135
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Job Summary: The Senior Procurement Specialist will be primarily responsible for procuring goods and services in compliance with MSH procurement policies and procedures. The incumbent collects proforma invoices on approved purchase requisition, seeks quotes, prepares offer analysis and purchase orders, checks quality of items to be purchased, and submits purchased items to Facilities Officer. The jobholder also maintains procurement databases including supplier list, transactional databases and standards to ensure procurements are effective, timely and cost effective. The Senior Procurement Specialist is aware of and adheres to MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Preparation of Purchase Orders (50%)
- Purchase office supplies and services including sourcing quotations using Request for Quotation form, preparing vendor selection sheets analyses, local purchase orders and verifying deliveries, quality of goods and invoices.
- The incumbent will receive and track approved purchase requests for procurement of goods and services. Verifying Purchase Request forms by requestors to ensure that requirements and specifications of goods/services are indicated and authorized signatory for approval is obtained.
- Keenly verify if Purchase Request contains a restricted or ineligible good/service by checking the USAID Restricted and Ineligible Goods.
- Identify vendors for goods and services for MSH use and documenting procurement processes and decisions
- Determine price reasonableness and prepare offer analysis,
- Deliver purchase orders for supply and receipt of goods
- Ensure that actions are governed by the highest standards of personal and business conduct as stipulated in the Procurement Policy Guidelines.
- Support documentation of procurement processes as required and staff trainings /update refresher training in procurement standards and processes
Filing and Tracking of documentation (30%)
- Maintain and update Purchase Order log, follow up deliveries and provide regular updates on status of procurements
- File all purchase documents for easy reference including copies of purchase request, quotations, purchase orders, delivery notes and invoices in the Procurement file.
Receipt of goods (10%)
- Arrange for the collection and delivery of purchased goods, receive invoices from suppliers and ensure proper documentation for payment processing.
- Inform supervisor about discrepancies or if goods purchased are not of routine nature
- Actively contribute to maintaining teamwork, discipline sound work relationships and productivity.
- Receive invoices, review for accuracy and satisfactory delivery approvals. Verify tax certificates from vendors before payment is made.
- Receive and review shipping documents to ensure that bank, insurance, shipping, customs and other formalities necessary for import are completed. Coordinate customs clearance as needed.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time-to-time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Senior Procurement Specialist vacancy must hold a Degree in Procurement, Public/Business Administration or other relevant training
- At least three to five years of procurement experience.
- Strong computer skills, Experience with Microsoft Office, presentation software, and e-mail and Internet packages.
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines, and to work independently and take initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal /intergroup skills
- Show commitment to uphold high standards of moral and ethical business practices.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline