Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Procurement
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Senior Procurement Officer will support the Head of Procurement in implementing management decisions with regard to procurement in strict compliance with relevant laws and regulations, policy and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in formulating plans and strategies for procurement
- Works closely with other directorates and departments to identify their procurement needs for the coming accounting period and compiles a master procurement list for the entire organization
- Develops and/or maintains specifications of the various goods to be procured and where he obtains samples he keeps those samples and ensures that goods supplied match with the samples given earlier
- Prepares tender documents and manages the tendering process within the established guidelines of the Authority and in compliance with PPDA procedures.
- The incumbent prepares tender papers for the approval of the Head of Procurement before submission to the contracts committee
- Evaluates bids for high value and/or specialized procurements and disposals
- Manages the preparation of monthly and quarterly procurement reports and submits them to PPDA and NIRA’s contracts committee, responds to any communications from PPDA and/or other organisations or individuals regarding procurement as par the PDDA rules
- Receives tender or bid documents and prepares for evaluation by the tender/procurement committee
- Implements the decisions of the Contracts Committee. Prepares, administers and issues approved contracts
- Works closely with suppliers, service providers and other stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of goods and services
- Ensures accurate maintenance and safe storage of records for all procurement activities.
- Enforces adherence to procurement regulations and guidelines (government and donors)
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Procurement.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Senior Procurement Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Procurement and Supplies Management or Business Administration with specialization in purchasing and supplies, or a related field from a recognised institution.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supplies or other relevant internationally recognised procurement professional body is a must.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in procurement in a reputable Public or Private organization, two (2) of which should have been at supervisory level.
- Proven ability to manage tender negotiations, contract placements, delivery and payments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Working knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- High degree of flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- IT literacy
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 3rd August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline