Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organisation: East African Community
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania. The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
Job Summary: The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be tasked with monitoring and evaluating projects and programmes of the Community.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain a database on ongoing projects and programmes;
- Extract and process data on physical progress of ongoing projects and programmes and those in preparation;
- The incumbent will develop project monitoring and evaluation mechanisms;
- Develop reporting formats and procedures;
- Provide input into project quarterly and annual progress reports;
- Monitor the implementation of annual work plans;
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of the Development Strategy;
- Compile data for sector performance; and
- Actively facilitate Council and other relevant meetings and prepare relevant reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the East African Community Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer career placement must hold a Master’s Degree in Development Economics, Policy and Planning, Economic Planning and Management, Policy Analysis and Management, Statistics or an equivalent degree from a recognised University/Institution.
- At least eight years of relevant experience, with three years at Senior level.
- Skills and Competencies: Analytical skills, interactive skills, communication skills, result oriented skills, computer skills, planning skills, network skills, negotiation skills, team building skills, supervisory skills, project implementation skills, research skills, Statistical skills, monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Age: Below 55 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three (3) referees, and a copy of National Identity Card, Birth Certificate or Passport showing the date of birth. Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and the envelope. For electronic submissions, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and forward to the address given below.
- Please submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional certificates; or fail to provide three referees shall be disqualified.
All invitations for interviews shall be done in writing to:
Executive Selection Division,
Deloitte Consulting Limited,
10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue:
P O Box 1559 Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
Fax +255(22) 2116379
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday, 15th August 2016, 17:00Hrs.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline